Saw III

Started by MacGuffin, March 02, 2006, 09:57:48 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek237

Yeah I can totally see this becoming a Friday The 13th type deal. Each movie made for as little money as possible, same basic stuff over and over with as much gore and creative kills as possible each time, and every 3 or 4 sequels we'll have Saw: The Final Cut, then Saw: A New Beggining, etc. etc. But it definitley has found itself in a comfortable groove, the halloween season each time. I went to see Saw II around last halloween, and I might as well go see III this year.

Ravi

I look forward to the posters to the sequels.  The one for Saw IV should feature a foot with one toe missing.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

SAW III Poster made with real blood

According to Variety, a vial of blood from SAW star Tobin Bell (Jigsaw) was used to make posters for SAW III.

"We decided to do a poster and he's wearing a red cloak. I was talking to the printer and asked what we could do to get the deepest blood red. I asked if it would be possible to use actual blood. There was silence. He said, 'We could try, but are you serious?' I said I was dead serious," Lionsgate marketing's Tim Palen said.

"He said, 'That's really weird,'" Palen recalled. But Bell agreed, and a trip to the doctor's office was scheduled.

The posters from the first printing, about 1,000 in all, will be sold for $20, minus the first print, which will be auctioned off. All proceeds from the auction and sales will go to the Red Cross.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

According to Variety, a vial of blood from SAW star Tobin Bell (Jigsaw) was used to make posters for SAW III.

"We decided to do a poster and he's wearing a red cloak. I was talking to the printer and asked what we could do to get the deepest blood red. I asked if it would be possible to use actual blood. There was silence. He said, 'We could try, but are you serious?' I said I was dead serious," Lionsgate marketing's Tim Palen said.

"He said, 'That's really weird,'" Palen recalled. But Bell agreed, and a trip to the doctor's office was scheduled.

The posters from the first printing, about 1,000 in all, will be sold for $20, minus the first print, which will be auctioned off. All proceeds from the auction and sales will go to the Red Cross.

Skeleton FilmWorks

last days of gerry the elephant

Saw III = More lameness than the previous shitty sequel, III

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 11, 2006, 09:25:29 PM

I bet he's glad they didn't go with their first design:

Brazoliange

I really liked this. It could've used another 5 minutes of wrap-up at the end though.
Long live the New Flesh

MacGuffin

Saw III Opens with $14.2 Million!
Source: ShowbizData

Lionsgates' hit horror franchise looks like it will score big for the third Halloween weekend in a row as Saw III grossed an estimated $14.2 million in 3,167 theatres according to ShowbizData.com. That's compared to the $12.1 opening day of Saw II last October. That first day gross points to an opening weekend somewhere between $33 and $35 million compared to the $31.7 million debut of Saw II.

Skeleton FilmWorks

pumba

I am so sick of these stupid motherfucking movies. Last night the theatre lines were packed with assholes who were all going to see this and resulted in me being 15 minutes late to nee Nightmare in 3d. Fuck Saw III up their stupid, story defying asses.

MacGuffin

Quote from: shnorff on October 28, 2006, 01:08:23 PM
I am so sick of these stupid motherfucking movies.

Lionsgate readies Saw 4
Source: Moviehole October 19, 2006

According to Bloody Disgusting, Lionsgate has put a "Saw 4" – when there's more sauce, why not the squeeze the heck out of that bottle hey?! – on the fast-track, asking several writers to submit their ideas for the next Jigsaw jaunt.

According to the site, at least four writers have been contacted about writing a fourth instalment in the popular horror series. Tobin Bell, who has played the film's vicious villain since the original, is signed for a further two films following this month's "Saw 3".

At Comic Con earlier this year, the producers confirmed that a "Saw 4" would be happening sooner rather than later.

Skeleton FilmWorks

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: shnorff on October 28, 2006, 01:08:23 PM
I am so sick of these stupid motherfucking movies. Last night the theatre lines were packed with assholes who were all going to see this and resulted in me being 15 minutes late to nee Nightmare in 3d. Fuck Saw III up their stupid, story defying asses.

People can be that stupid.

MacGuffin

*SPOILERS*

I'll give them credit for going a different direction and not necessarily just doing the traps over and over to random people, although this still has that (c'mon, that's what made this series famous). These were probably the highest on the cringe factor, however. But I liked how ultimately the test was between master and apprectice to see if she could carry on his legacy. That relationship was what made this a more interesting and better sequel than the last one (which felt like a rehash of Cube). The final twist left a nice cliffhanger. Lop off (pun intended) about 10 minutes or so, and it would have made for a smoother pace.

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i will still standby the first film as being a really great original horror film and one of the best of the past decade.  the 2nd one was a typical rushed overblown more-is-more sequel which took a huge huge dive from the first one.  this was worse than that.  the characters were a little less annoying than the degenerates of that film but the film was even less interesting.  there was really nothing scary about this either.  if you think doctors have scary jobs, then maybe this is for you.  it was just gross and there is no reason to care about the main dude in the film.  i'm not sure why they offed the cop from the first movie so quickly either as she was one of the only remaining characters with a through line to the other films to do something interesting with.  basically i didnt think it would be any good and it wasnt.  oh, and the editing is annoying as hell.  i think i'm done now.  dead silence had better be good.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.