March of the Penguins

Started by life_boy, July 29, 2005, 12:28:52 AM

Finn

I was worried about seeing it in theaters because it's G rated with a bunch of parents taking their kids. Luckily I saw it at night so half the kids were asleep. It was really something you'd see on National Geographic and not in theaters. I'm really surprised it was released nationwide. It was fine for what it was, but really overhyped by the critics and certain members of the audience.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ravi

That's what is keeping me from seeing it.  The Discover Channel Factor.

GoneSavage

I don't have the Discovery Channel so it was worth the admission to me.

Ravi

mutinyco

Quote from: GoneSavageMichael Bay weighs in on March of the Penguins.

You mean this?...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Pubrick

Quote from: mutinyco
Quote from: GoneSavageMichael Bay weighs in on March of the Penguins.

You mean this?...
i'm embarrassed for u.
under the paving stones.

mutinyco

Why, because he edited his redundant post?...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

modage

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 31, 2005, 12:42:55 PM
I liked this film... it was interesting and visually, pretty nice (though some of the video scenes looked kinda wrong mixed in with the film).

The only thing that kept popping into my head was "why all the buzz?".. I remember not that long ago when you would see a beautifully shot nature doc where the participants risked life and limb to present to you an episode of National Geographic or Nature on PBS on Sunday morning.  This was released theatrically... I just found this strange.
the film did not make me cry.  but it was cute.  i was mostly just amazed that they got so many people to see it!  i've been trying to netflix it for like a month and it's been out.  this film made more in US theatres, than all of PT's films COMBINED.   :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mutinyco

Maybe next time he should have penguins fall from the sky...

-St. Joe

kotte

Trailer

Director: Luc Jacquet

As told by Morgan Freeman

This is the story of one year in the life of an emperor penguin flock — and one couple in particular — as they trek across the Antarctic on an annual journey that invokes just about every major life experience, from birth to death, from dating to mating, from comedy to tragedy, and from love to fighting for survival.

I need to say this was a fantastic film. Just the right length, just enough humour and just enough heartbreaking.

Pubrick

did you check the first post?
under the paving stones.

kotte

Oh my god!! A mistake!!  :shock:

I started a new thread when I didn't find anything about the film...someone moved my first post to this thread.

Looks stupid, I know.