Nacho Libre

Started by edison, December 12, 2005, 08:27:17 PM

modage

looks good.  i guess i didnt realizes jack black was playing a mexican/latino character until now.  i thought he might be the fish out of water white guy getting into this stuff.  and looks like hess has inserted a 'pedro' like sidekick here as well.

edit: watched the preview again.  actually this looks pretty great.  and very left of center considering the way most comedies are sold.  so  :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup: 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwig on February 03, 2006, 06:03:40 PM

TRAILER

steal it directly: (2:30, 37MB)

deserves a chance, nap was good despite the hype.
under the paving stones.

JG

jared hess makes me feel dirty.  when i saw napoleon dynamite, i felt all wierd inside.  not in a good way.  watching this trailer i get the same feeling.  i just feel so filthy.  it reminds me of fat people wearing wife beaters eating TV dinners in the living room that they never cleaned. 

i'll probably see it, but i don't think i'll like it that much. 

Pubrick

nothing you say makes sense.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

That Jimmy Gator, always in his dizzy spells, fading away.

Kal

Whats not to like? We need at least one movie like that every year...

pete

check out this Japanese film called Cromartie High if you need one right now.  That one is pretty deadpan and whacky.  Download it on edonkey or something.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

sickfins

in addition to touring with radiohead, beck is scoring the film 'nacho libre', which is his first time doing all of a movie's score by himself.

beck says
"No filmmaker since Fellini has had such an eye for amazing characters [as Hess]." He adds, "it's about monks who secretly want to be wrestlers. They have pointy white boots and tights under their robes."

yeah ok but hey new beck music.  and he's finishing off an album he recorded two years ago with nigel godrich.  so there

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: sickfins on March 01, 2006, 01:25:34 PM
beck says
"No filmmaker since Fellini has had such an eye for amazing characters [as Hess]." He adds, "it's about monks who secretly want to be wrestlers. They have pointy white boots and tights under their robes."

hahaha..that should go in the dumbest thing someone has said about film thread...beck should keep his opinions about film to himself [exspecially if their this awful] and just keep doing mediocre albums like guero....

©brad

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

New Nacho Libre Date
Par shifts opening day.

Paramount is shifting the release date of the new Jack Black comedy Nacho Libre from June 2 to June 16. No reason was given for the change of dates. The closest competition Nacho faced at the box office on June 2 was X-Men: The Last Stand on May 26 and The Omen: 666 on June 6, both from Fox.

The new June 16 date gives Nacho a slot in-between two other big summer movies: Pixar's Cars on June 9 and Warners' Superman Returns on June 30.

Nacho Libre stars Black as Ignacio (friends call him Nacho), a cook by day in a Mexican orphanage, who moonlights as a Lucha Libre wrestler to raise money for the orphans.

Jared Hess directed the film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Been downloading the Nacho Chronicles for FREE on iTunes... very funny

fuck. i wish we had teasers posters that mexican over here in mexico. that's the best and simplest i've seen in a while. and guero rocks.
context, context, context.