Three... Extremes

Started by pete, July 27, 2004, 12:53:09 AM

pete

Quote from: GhostboyI saw one installment from the previous Three -- the one directed by Peter Chan, called Going Home. It was really good (and also had Chris Doyle as the DP).

say it, Doyle is better than Connie Hall!  Say it!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ghostboy

I'm not going to say one's better, but I've always liked Doyle more than Hall -- and most other DPs, for that matter.

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: October 28th, 2005 (NY/LA)

Cast: Kyoko Hasegawa, Atsuro Watabe, Mai Suzuki, Yuu Suzuki, Mitsuru Akaboshi, Bai Ling, Pauline Lau, Tony Ka-Fai Leung, Meme, Miriam Yeung, Miki Yeung , Wong So-Fun, Lee Byung-Hun, Lim Won-Hee, Gang Hye-Jung, Lee Jun Goo, Lee Mi Mi

Director: Takashi Miike, Fruit Chan, Chan Wook Park

Screenwriter: Haruko Fukushima, Lilian Lee, Chan Wook Park

Premise: A beautiful female novelist, still guilt-ridden over the childhood death of her twin sister, receives a mysterious invitation to meet at the site of her sister's demise. A retired actress longing to retain her beauty seeks the rejuvenating effects of a doctor's "special" dumplings, only to discover they contain one horrifying ingredient. A film director is abducted by a vengeful stranger and forced to make an impossible choice that will change his life forever.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Figure 8

I cannot wait to see this.

JG

Like a Simpson's treehouse of horror episode.  seriously, though--i dont know these directors but the trailer looks really good.  the opening shot in the trailer looks very fargo.

modage

it looks good, but looks can be deceiving and i've been getting burned by these directors lately.  i would probably still give it a shot with its timely release if i werent busy watching the other films i'm trying to get through in the next few days, but as it stands i'll definitely rent it.

Quote from: Weak2ndAct(and considering some of the things that happen in this flick, there's no way they could release this and get an R rating).
i wonder if they had to trim anything for the theatrical release?  cause they got an R.  has anyone heard anything?  i guess it doesnt matter cause they'll put it all back in on the UNRATED EXTREME EXTREMES DVD!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Quote from: modage on November 04, 2004, 05:02:29 PM
i want to see this.
so just over 1 year later, i finally did!  i enjoyed it.  none were scary but all were good. mostly i appreciate the effort of the anthology of totally different kinds of horror stories and them not sucking hard. the Cut segment reminded me in some ways of Saw.   i wish Masters Of Horror were this good.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.