Prime

Started by MacGuffin, July 30, 2005, 01:28:40 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: October 28, 2005 (limited)

Cast: Uma Thurman (Rafi Gardet), Meryl Streep (Lisa Metzger), Bryan Greenberg (David Bloomberg), Jon Abrahams (Morris), Jerry Adler (Sam), Doris Belack (Blanch), Aubrey Dollar (Michelle), Ato Essandoh (Damien), Madhur Jaffrey (Rita), Lotte Mandel (Bubbie), Zak Orth (Randall), Annie Parisse (Katherine), John Rothman (Jack Bloomberg)

Director: Ben Younger (Boiler Room)

Screenwriter: Ben Younger

Premise: Prime is a character comedy set in New York City about Rafi (Thurman), a recently divorced 37-year-old career woman from Manhattan, and what happens when Dave (Greenberg), a talented 23-year-old painter from Brooklyn, falls in love with her. Streep plays her therapist.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Pubrick

haha, there's gotta be sumthing wrong with a movie when the whole thing can be played out fully in 2 mins*. u wouldn't really need to add many scenes to the trailer to be done with it. well that saved me 2hrs of my life.

*and no, this doesn't count.
under the paving stones.

modage

how about: no more movies set in new york.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Rudie Obias

i like ben younger.  i really really liked BOILER ROOM.  so i'll check out this new film because of that.  but the trailer really did nothing for me.  i just thought, "wow!  this is a complete 180 from BOILER ROOM."
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

atticus jones

Quote from: rudiecorexxxi really really liked BOILER ROOM.

i feel sorry for you...not in a mean way...more in an "oh, look at the retarded boy trying to do gymnastics" sort of whey...

oddly enough, i respect your freedom to like whatever you doo because i honor the subjectivity of art...

im just having trouble accepting the bo ro as art...

the "boyz" (diesel,cann,affleck, and kennedy; four of the worst working  actors alive) all sittin around spoutin wall street was the single worst cinematic scene of the decade...challenge: offer a more putrid scene from the past ten years in film?
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

diggler

is this the movie from "unscripted?"
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Rudie Obias

Quote from: atticus jones
Quote from: rudiecorexxxi really really liked BOILER ROOM.

i feel sorry for you...not in a mean way...more in an "oh, look at the retarded boy trying to do gymnastics" sort of whey...

is this really called for?  :yabbse-undecided:
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

atticus jones

Quote from: rudiecorexxx

is this really called for?  

probably not...

but neither was:

1) the extra "really" you used to emphasize how much you liked this cow
2) the blatant glengaryglenross alec baldwin monologue ripoff that younger embarrasingly wrote and affleck grossly butchered
3)another greenlit project for ben after the boiler room abortion

speaking of called for...

check please!
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

NEON MERCURY

the "boyz" (diesel,cann,affleck, and kennedy; four of the worst working  actors alive) all sittin around spoutin wall street was the single worst cinematic scene of the decade...

hahahaha........

challenge: offer a more putrid scene from the past ten years in film?

hmm,

how about "show me the money!"
or all the scenes bewtween emily rossum and heathy ledger in the patriot....

Pubrick

he's right, the only movie besides boiler room that actually embarrassed me with incompetence was Wing Commander.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrickhe's right, the only movie besides boiler room that actually embarrassed me with incompetence was Wing Commander.

"Rollerball".  The remake.  Choose any scene.  Incompetence seeped from the pores of this movie.
My house, my rules, my coffee

b. real

Quote from: atticus jones...challenge: offer a more putrid scene from the past ten years in film?
heather graham in any scene from killing me softly (cept when she is naked...cause just yeah).  seriously.  that girl was skating along the right path at one point...

least the 4 dipshits made me chuckle.  heather just made me wanna cry and die.
pushups are good.