Top 100 Films of All Time

Started by soixante, June 10, 2005, 01:52:13 PM

soixante

On my own personal favorites list, Barry Lyndon made the top ten, Clockwork Orange is on the top twenty, and 2001 is on the top 100.  All three would get my four-star rating.
Music is your best entertainment value.

soixante

Quote from: Pubrickwell in that case: only one kubrick in the whole 100.. same comment applies.

I revised my original Top 100 and put Dr. Stangelove in.  That film is regularly on every great film list.  Sorry about that.

w/o horse

I'm 80% sure I made this post last night and it dissapeared (if u know what I mean) but your list is mostly favorable to me as well.  I'm stoked to see Mean Streets number one and McCabe & Mrs. Miller number four.  I wish there were more unexpected titles, but hey, maybe you're a straight shooter.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

JG

does anyone have a link to ebert's top 100?

Gold Trumpet

I'm curious Soixante, but why Gold Rush over Modern Times? My first experience watching Gold Rush was hardly durable, but when I watched the narrated version made years later, I enjoyed it more. The reason is become I've come to find the film quite sloppy and many scenes unintelligable so thats why I imagine why Chaplin went back and added narration.

Modern Times, though, is a masterpiece. Everything he learned before perfectly constructed into one film. Monsieur Verdoux, a new avenue for Chaplin, my second favorite work by him.

soixante

The list is for the most part chronological, so I put Gold Rush ahead of Modern Times simply because Gold Rush came out earlier.