re-score that film or i'll fuckin' kill myself

Started by socketlevel, June 01, 2005, 12:07:35 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: socketlevel
3.  Manhunter (the all time worst score, and if redone, would make it an all time classic)

-sl-

I remember thinking this as well when i first viewed it years ago. If i remember correctly it reeked of miami vice 80s snyth. Just made the film incredibley dated and unaffective.

I'm normally always against changing scores...but Manhunter does have a terrible score.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Gabe

Quote from: SHAFTR
3.  Manhunter (the all time worst score, and if redone, would make it an all time classic)

-sl-

I remember thinking this as well when i first viewed it years ago. If i remember correctly it reeked of miami vice 80s snyth. Just made the film incredibley dated and unaffective.

I'm normally always against changing scores...but Manhunter does have a terrible score.

Should we write a petition to Michael Mann?

Gamblour.

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkFrakenstein's score sucks.
besides the credits, Frankenstein doesnt have a score.   :saywhat:

Sorry, the Branagh piece of shit version, which I guess is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Last Temptation has a great soundtrack, but to me, doesn't fit the film at all.  

Sin City's soundtrack sounded like I was playing a video game on the Genesis.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

socketlevel

Quote from: JaruebiFor Now

-sl-

yes we should.  anyone who hasn't seen this film, rent it and you'll know what we're talking about

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

SiliasRuby

-sl-

yes we should.  anyone who hasn't seen this film, rent it and you'll know what we're talking about

-sl-
Yes, then he could jump on the bandwagon and come out with a director's unrated cut while he's at it with more gore and blood and guts along with the changed score.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

socketlevel

Quote from: SiliasRuby

-sl-

-sl-
Yes, then he could jump on the bandwagon and come out with a director's unrated cut while he's at it with more gore and blood and guts along with the changed score.

...ok

...i don't think we'll really do it...

...sl...

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

socketlevel

Quote from: Stefen Posts DrunkerNigga, Scarface.

it's funny because i was going to add that one when i originally started the thread but then i thought, you know what, i think i like the music in it.  it sets the film in a certain time and place.  in manhunter the problem is that it's a score made in that time which has no refference to anything, yet in scarface, a lot of it is comprised of songs from that era.  so we have memories attached because we recognize the music.  i kinda dig that about it.

-sl-

Ronen

Raiders of the Lost Ark, Blues Brothers.
-R
cinemalog.net