The Woods

Started by squints, April 30, 2005, 02:45:43 PM

squints

I just pre-ordered The Woods and I almost didn't order this:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000F3UACU.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V53936735_.jpg

because the cover was appalling. The doodling of Lucky McKee looks like a police sketch of a pedophilic Kevin Smith. But Angela Bettis is a strangely attractive zombie girl so its definitely worth that

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Part Carrie, part The Craft, part Evil Dead, part Rosemary's Baby, and yet it's got something unique to it. It's not gore, it's not slasher, it's not really even creepy, so I guess I could understand why it wasn't given a theatrical release compared to what is considered horror nowadays. Despite that it felt like not too much going on, I was taken by the mystery of the film. That's what kept me going through to the end. It's no where near what May was, so I hope this is just McKee's sophomore slump.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks