There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Pubrick

my argument doesn't even presuppose that this is a grand scale film (which it obviously is), what i want to point out is that anyone who is saying "i want a scoreless film.. somewhere down the line" is just ridiculously (as some of you have admitted) placing hoops for PTA to jump through. who cares if he can make a film without music?

it was ludicrous to make a connection from no brion to no score, and wanting to see if PTA can jump through that hoop is completely arbitrary. next film he might not use Elswit... does that mean he's calling Beebe and going digital?? that'll be the next crazy gimmick you grab onto.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

i foolishly made a connection from no Brion to Ludacris scoring.

RegularKarate

So I heard the new Paul Thomas Anderson movie isn't going to have any music.

hedwig

Quote from: RegularKarate on April 17, 2007, 09:36:46 PM
So I heard the new Paul Thomas Anderson movie isn't going to have any music.
oh my god seriously? for the first time i am excited about this movie!

MacGuffin

I heard Ratner, because he heard PTA wasn't using score, has decided to make Rush Hour 3 sans any music at all.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

I Love a Magician

just heard back from pta and it turns out he's not using our score; he's going scoreless

Pubrick

i just called him up to check and he told me he wants to settle the hoopla once and for all:

he's NOT going scoreless.. he's going scorsese.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

JG

I heard AntiDumbFrogQuestion's new Post is Funny-Less. 

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

damn right!...i have no one to entertain here...just holding out for onscreen action from Marfa.  :yabbse-smiley:

Pozer

script - read the opening.  a smile from ear to ear.  now it is locked away, key swallowed.. anticipation amazingly increased to its highest level.

The Red Vine

I was able to read the entire script from an insider at a production company. I won't spoil any plot details except to say that it is very, very good. Considering some of the dialogue, it could come off as rather stiff in the movie. But with an actor like DDL, it will be fantastic.

The script was an earlier draft but from what I read - the title doesn't lie. 
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">