Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2005, 06:31:34 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: Halloween 2005 (wide)

Cast: (voices) Johnny Depp (Victor), Helena Bonham Carter (The Corpse Bride), Emily Watson (Victoria), Albert Finney, Christopher Lee, Richard E. Grant, Joanna Lumley.

Director: Tim Burton and Mike Johnson (feature directorial debut; worked as an animator on James and the Giant Peach, which Burton also produced)

Composer: Danny Elfman

Screenwriter: Caroline Thompson (Edward Scissorhands, Buddy, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Black Beauty, The Secret Garden); rewrite by Pamela Pettler (cowriter of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)

Premise: Victor (Depp) is travelling home with his friend to get married to his fiancee Victoria (Watson). The two stop to rest in the woods, and as a joke, Victor puts his wedding ring on a finger-shaped stick in the ground and says his wedding vows. The stick turns out to be a rotted finger belonging to a murdered girl (Bonham-Carter), who returns as a zombie and insists that she is now Victor's lawfully wedded wife.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

SiliasRuby

Quote from: GhostboyThis looks amazing.
I second that.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

El Duderino

Quote from: SiliasRuby
I second that.

yeah....wow.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Finn

It does look pretty cool in that Tim Burton kind of way. It almost looks like a sequel to Nightmare Before Christmas. It looks really dark but most parents will probably take their kids to see it anyway. I would love it if it got an R rating or even a PG-13. But probably not much chance in that happening.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ravi

Quote from: Small Town LonerIt looks really dark but most parents will probably take their kids to see it anyway.

I think the "Corpse" part of the title would turn many parents off.

Myxo

Wow.

Great trailer and looks like a great film too. I predict a box office hit for this Halloween.

Ghostboy

Maybe not a huge hit, but a very definite cult classic.

Jeremy Blackman

I'm a little skeptical. How are they going to stretch this story out to feature film length?

Raikus

My guess: lots of running around.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

i hope this doesn't turns into an excuse to sell shitloads of products and toys and clothing just like the nightmare before christmas did. it's ridiculous.
context, context, context.

Just Withnail

What's the use of puppets when everything looks CGI? I liked the look of Nightmare better.

mehico

Quote from: SiliasRuby
I second that.

i third that.
You are the son of incestuous union.

meatball

Quote from: cronopioi hope this doesn't turns into an excuse to sell shitloads of products and toys and clothing just like the nightmare before christmas did. it's ridiculous.

EVERYTHING is an excuse to sell shitloads.

Quote from: Meatball
Quote from: cronopioi hope this doesn't turns into an excuse to sell shitloads of products and toys and clothing just like the nightmare before christmas did. it's ridiculous.

EVERYTHING is an excuse to sell shitloads.

somehow, i don't see my mother belonging to that statement.  :elitist:
context, context, context.