Million Dollar Baby

Started by MacGuffin, December 01, 2004, 07:02:07 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: December 17th, 2004 (NY/LA/Chicago/Toronto), expands January 21st, 2005

Cast: Hilary Swank (Maggie Fitzgerald), Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Jay Baruchel, Christina Cox, Anthony Mackie, Margo Martindale, Michael Pena

Director: Clint Eastwood (Mystic River)

Screenwriter: Paul Haggis

Premise: An ex-fighter (Eastwood) who runs a gym in Los Angeles with a fellow former boxer (Freeman) are approached by a young woman (Swank) who's determined to become a boxer.

Based Upon: Two short stories from the novel "Rope Burns" by FX Toole.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

They must be pretty confidant about  this one, rushing it out last minute and all. I know Clint is famous for fast shoots, but didn't this just start production in June? Looking forward to Hilary Swank finally getting another (hopefully) lead role again.

Stefen

Next Karate Kid Part II = AWESOME.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinDirector: Clint Eastwood
WHO?  sorry i'm not familiar....

Quote from: MacGuffinDirector: Clint Eastwood (Mystic River)
oh yes.  NOOOOW i remember.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

She likes Sarah Connor circa T2. Why is she doing another 'manly' role? Boys Don't Cry, this, hmmm
WWPTAD?

Ravi

With a title like that, I expected it to be some stupid comedy about kidnappers trying to kidnap some rich guy's baby, a la Baby's Day Out.

socketlevel

Quote from: RaviWith a title like that, I expected it to be some stupid comedy about kidnappers trying to kidnap some rich guy's baby, a la Baby's Day Out.

with a soundtrack of alice cooper songs.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

pete

ebert just called it a masterpiece.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

SHAFTR

I really love Eastwood's direction.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

©brad

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanHe does that.

alot.

Ghostboy

Quote from: GhostboyThey must be pretty confidant about  this one, rushing it out last minute and all.

Now I understand why -- this movie is just outstanding. Ebert's right. A small, heartwrenching masterpiece, and a perfect followup to the operatic masterpiece that was Mystic River.

The trailers do a wonderful job at not giving away what the movie is actually about.

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: Ghostboy...the operatic masterpiece that was Mystic River.
Hm. I like Eastwood's direction some, but don't consider Mystic River to be a masterpiece at all. Not even nearly.

So, yeah. We'll see.

I do like that Eastwood though.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pozer

Quote from: The Silver Bullet

I do like that Eastwood though.
How could you not

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Ghostboythis movie is just outstanding. Ebert's right. A small, heartwrenching masterpiece, and a perfect followup to the operatic masterpiece that was Mystic River.
Does this movie also glue a thick Boston accent on its actors?