Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Started by MacGuffin, November 29, 2004, 06:07:05 AM

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ThrindleThat was a hypothetical...

Fernando, any plans this weekend?  :kiss:

Quote from: cronopiohe's mine, get your own vato!

Easy easy, I have lots of love to give.  :yabbse-wink:  :kiss:

meatball

Quote from: ThrindleIt took you that long eh?

To decide that it was gross.

Thrindle

Dude, that was still too long.  Come on now.
Classic.

brockly

Quote from: ThrindleDude, that was still too long.  Come on now.

maybe he doesnt visit this thread as often as you do. fuck sake

meatball

It feels like a treehouse in here. Who wants to play spin the bottle?

Thrindle

Quote from: ThrindleDude, that was still too long.  Come on now.
Retracting statement (apparently I was drunk and feisty.  But damn I type well while inebriated).
Classic.

Tryskadekafobia

Has anyone seen the Hollywood Elsewhere website?  Jeffrey Wells is on a GOP-like campaign to make sure critics call this movie a piece of shit, saying it's on the Xanadu level of bad movie.

Makes me wanna see Xanadu now.

Thrindle

Saw it.  Ok, so not (nearly) as good as say... The Bourne Identity, but it was still alright.  Sort of like violent foreplay for the soul.
Classic.

The Perineum Falcon

It was entertaining and made myself and my company of particular interest laugh. And that's all I needed.
(well, not all, but nearly)
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Ghostboy

Quote from: TryskadekafobiaJeffrey Wells is a GOP-like piece of shit

Sorry, couldn't help reading that post that way. The truth always has a way of seeping out.

Anyway, I saw this tonight and it was amusing and cute and all, and I left with a smile; but towards the end I couldn't help but think how totally great it would have been if Liman had pulled a Pekinpah and let the characters go out in a blaze of glory. It would still be a happy ending, even.

I'm really curious as to the hours of extra footage they shot - the movie feels pretty tight and complete, so they must have had a good editor. I know just last fall they cast Keith David and Angela Bassett (I think) as the rival agency bosses - and now David shows up (I think) in a digitally altered image for about thirty seconds, and that's it.

Gamblour.

I saw this near midnight last night. It was really funny, the action was great, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Brad Pitt's at his best when he's doing comedy, and he's used just right here. I have some complaints with some mild SPOILERS:

-Adam Brody, not so funny, and the Fight Club t-shirt was LAME. Plus, his importance in the scheme of things really didn't get explained, besides that he was bait for both of them.
-When Angelina Jolie is trying to figure out who the other agent is, does she just figure it out from Brad Pitt shaking his leg when he pisses? That wasn't very clear.
-The big plot shifts towards the end of why their getting killed, who's going after who, were explained but didn't seem as important as it should've.
-The five or six years later joke was used one time too many.

There were awesome parts, of course:

-Brad Pitt kicking Jolie while she's off screen....fucking hilarious!
-Vince Vaughn, "I almost killed you right then!"
-The entire running gag of sex/murder, like "I got lucky" or the ambiguous question towards the end...."How many have you...." "312" very funny writing, the plot just isn't very strong.
-Lots of other good stuff, every joke worked, mostly.
WWPTAD?

Finn

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkI saw this near midnight last night. It was really funny, the action was great, it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Brad Pitt's at his best when he's doing comedy, and he's used just right here. I have some complaints with some mild SPOILERS:

-Adam Brody, not so funny, and the Fight Club t-shirt was LAME. Plus, his importance in the scheme of things really didn't get explained, besides that he was bait for both of them.
-When Angelina Jolie is trying to figure out who the other agent is, does she just figure it out from Brad Pitt shaking his leg when he pisses? That wasn't very clear.
-The big plot shifts towards the end of why their getting killed, who's going after who, were explained but didn't seem as important as it should've.
-The five or six years later joke was used one time too many.

There were awesome parts, of course:

-Brad Pitt kicking Jolie while she's off screen....fucking hilarious!
-Vince Vaughn, "I almost killed you right then!"
-The entire running gag of sex/murder, like "I got lucky" or the ambiguous question towards the end...."How many have you...." "312" very funny writing, the plot just isn't very strong.
-Lots of other good stuff, every joke worked, mostly.

I agree with you word for word
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

soixante

Quote from: TryskadekafobiaHas anyone seen the Hollywood Elsewhere website?  Jeffrey Wells is on a GOP-like campaign to make sure critics call this movie a piece of shit, saying it's on the Xanadu level of bad movie.

Makes me wanna see Xanadu now.

I watched Xanadu recently.  It wasn't that bad, if you can overlook the cheesy special effects.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Kal

Wow... it made 18.5 million on its first day... so it will do pretty good

w/o horse

So many spoilers it's uncanny.

A good first half.  There were really clever lines of dialogue ("A happy ending is a story not finished."  "I thought you looked like Christmas morning.  [Beat].  I don't know how else to say it."  "I guess in the end you start thinking about the beginning.") that turned into "What's her name and social security number?"  "Honey, you're not going to kill her."  In that car scene, after their big fight, is when the movie turned into S.W.A.T. or whatever other typical action movie.  It's when Doug Liman forgot that he's capable of original action scenes and went for bozo bad guys and impossible scenarios.

Reading Ghostboy's post, I remember being in the theater, at that midway point, in which they have guns pointed at each other, and wanting a happy ending.  By the end of the movie I wanted them to die, for something to happen other than for them to run out in their yellow sunglasses and kill everybody in the room.  That's how my opinion of the characters changed.  "There's no place I'd rather be right now than here with you." would have been a great last line.

I agree with Gamblor about Adam Brody's character not be fully explained, and would add that he was the most bozo bad guy of them all.  So this guy's bait, but he knows he's bait, and he even knows who he's bait for.  He carries a picture, even.

Could have been more.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.