overnight

Started by Rudie Obias, November 19, 2004, 01:20:57 AM

ono

Quote from: SiliasRubyI saw this today with Meatball
Another Xixax couple is born!  Congratulations!   :love:

Quote from: SiliasRubyTroy is soo gosh darn egotistical
I really hate when people are soo gosh darn egotistical, don't you?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: wantautopia?

does anyone want to go to a movie with me ??
but please be gentle with me....if you buy the ticket and a snickers bar i will give pretty decent oral sex  to you :kiss:

SiliasRuby

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: wantautopia?

does anyone want to go to a movie with me ??
but please be gentle with me....if you buy the ticket and a snickers bar i will give pretty decent oral sex  to you :kiss:
Geez, what a deal.... :lol:
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

meatball

The movie was great, but what I remember most is how rude the ticket taker was... When SiliasRuby paid for his ticket, the guy said in the most annoying sarcastic tone, "Oooooookaaay..."

SiliasRuby

Quote from: meatballThe movie was great, but what I remember most is how rude the ticket taker was... When SiliasRuby paid for his ticket, the guy said in the most annoying sarcastic tone, "Oooooookaaay..."
Your right, he was a total jackass.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Sal

Saw it tonight, and have to say the directors have some sort of animal fetish.  What the hell were with the cutaways to horses and dogs for god's sakes? Really well done, though.  Great use of droney music to kick up the tension.  Weinstein comes away looking very good here.   Perfect companion piece to "Down and Dirty Pictures."

modage

according to Netflix, this film will be released on dvd May 10th.  i cant wait.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/news.html

The megalomaniacal rise and fall of filmmaker Troy Duffy is chronicled by one-time friends and colleagues in the lurid and revealing documentary Overnight. In 1996, the bartender was signed by Miramax president Harvey Weinstein to direct his killers-on-a-mission-from-God script "The Boondock Saints." He was given a $15 million budget, a recording contract and even a promise to buy the bar where he tended. Cameras followed Duffy's pre-production battles and out-of-control ego as he alienated everyone around him, resulting in Miramax pulling out of the production. This is a cautionary tale about how one director ultimately ruined a promising career that could have been from an overnight success.

The DVD, from ThinkFilm, arrives on June 28th with a 1.85 widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital Stereo audio track. Extras will include additional scenes, an alternate ending and cast bios. Retail is $29.99.

Pubrick

Quote from: Ravi
03, or anyone else who knows pictures, has this awesome image ever been done before? bolex suicide. brilliant.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrick03, or anyone else who knows pictures, has this awesome image ever been done before? bolex suicide. brilliant.

I think Filmmaker Magazine had the Bolex suicide with a guy screaming as their subscription advertisement. Or it was a cover of a book.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

this is now available from Netflix from anyone who wanted to see it.  i watched it tonight.  he is unbelievable, and yet.... i still almost have to feel bad for the guy and everyone around him.  its just a train wreck, and even though he probably deserves it for acting that way, damn.  its rough cause somehow, even mostly ONLY showing him as an A-hole he still comes off as human.  go figure.  anyways, it reminded me a little bit of Dig! in the delusions/cluelessness/egomania of the people involved.  the doc itself wasnt that great, but it does serve as a cautionary tale.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

lamas

he came off as human to you?  he came off as somone who desperately needs a beating and then to be institutionalized.  seriously, how did that guy never get fucked up by someone during that whole process?  he's a major douche who doesn't know how to treat people and he deserves nothing.  the doc could've used more clarity when addressing EXACTLY why miramax put boondock saints in turnaround.  was it JUST because duffy was an ass or they just changed their minds about it?  is that a common occurrence?

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Ravi
03, or anyone else who knows pictures, has this awesome image ever been done before? bolex suicide. brilliant.

context, context, context.

Pubrick

let's all do it!
under the paving stones.

Weak2ndAct

For me, this is the feel-good-movie of the year!  Wow!  My jaw hung open through most of the film.  Totally unreal.  The joy I felt watching things go down the shitter-- just unbelievable.  And it got worse and worse... I mean, Troy yelling at the students at BU, that's one of the most depressing things ever-- maybe more so, was the douche professor who nodded and seemed to agree with the insanity.  

This should be required viewing at every film school.