The Dukes of Hazzard

Started by Squawks, May 28, 2004, 03:23:34 PM

Ravi

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Ebert gave Blue Velvet one star... so at best, this will be as good as Blue Velvet.

w/o horse

Quote from: hacksparrowEbert gave Blue Velvet one star... so at best, this will be as good as Blue Velvet.

That defense should be saved and not used on Dukes of Hazzard, which I would guess deserves one star.  Broken Lizard's Club Dread withstanding.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Myxo

Quote from: hacksparrowEbert gave Blue Velvet one star... so at best, this will be as good as Blue Velvet.

That follows. :lol:

Ebert is really wierd. He hated Resevoir Dogs too, didn't he?

Finn

2 1/2 stars for Reservoir Dogs I think.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Kal

RegularKarate

Quote from: KALHe hated Gladiator too

so you see?  he can be right sometimes.

Pubrick

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: KALHe hated Gladiator too

so you see?  he can be right sometimes.
yeah! proof that his "right"s are truer than his wrongs.
under the paving stones.

B.C. Long

pete

sometimes he gets soft like that.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Weak2ndAct

I was actually dumb enough to see this today-- my undying love for Broken Lizard and Knoxville suckered me.  Could be one of the most unfunny movies ever.  And even worse, the outtakes are funnier than anything in the movie (Joe Don Baker says one of the most gloriously inappropriate things ever).  Just lame top to bottom.  Jessica Simpson actually comes off good though-- she's the only person who actually does her job.

JG

I seem to agree with him a lot though aside from certain movies and directors (he doesn't really like Wes Anderson other than Royal Tenenbaums).  He's pretty witty, too.  He doesn't deserve the bad rap that he gets.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Weak2ndActI was actually dumb enough to see this today-- my undying love for Broken Lizard and Knoxville suckered me.  Could be one of the most unfunny movies ever.  And even worse, the outtakes are funnier than anything in the movie (Joe Don Baker says one of the most gloriously inappropriate things ever).  Just lame top to bottom.  Jessica Simpson actually comes off good though-- she's the only person who actually does her job.

I don't understand how a Broken Lizard/Jackass fan wouldn't find the movie funny.  It was a Broken Lizard movie without Broken Lizard playing lead roles.  Sure it's lowbrow but that's to be expected.

I was never too hot on the TV show and I find it hilarious that the one guy from the show who's complaining about the movie ruining the integrity of the show played a character named Cooter.  I expected stupid and I got stupid... it was no worse than Wedding Crashers.  In fact, this met my expectations moreso than Wedding Crashers.

But yeah, Joe Don Baker's outtake was the best, with the possible exception of the Super Troopers reference, which only my friends and I caught.

Quote from: Seann William Scott in this week's EW[Affecting a Southern twang] Plot? What plot? Plot's just an excuse to blow s--- up and see Jessica in her shorts! You don't want a plot with Dukes of Hazzard. [Considering for a moment] It could've been nice to have one. As a MacGuffin.

GoneSavage

Quote from: hacksparrowSuper Troopers reference, which only my friends and I caught.
Did you survey the other patrons to see if they caught it?