Best of 03-04 School Year

Started by El Duderino, April 27, 2004, 07:04:37 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Slomboverplayed=overheard

turn off the radio

You should make a t-shirt

El Duderino

I've just been informed that i have to do a Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Director list....so look for that in a bit.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: El DuderinoI've just been informed that i have to do a Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Director list....so look for that in a bit.
Top 5 or 10?

SHAFTR

I haven't seen Osama, but a friend of mine saw it and said he was really moved.

Shouldn't League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Underworld be in there instead?  Or Gigli, A Man Apart, Kangaroo Jack, Dumb & Dumberer?

It seems like you are hating on chick flicks just because you probably don't like the genre.

EDIT:
also for TV shows, Chapelle Show for Best List, where is that?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

El Duderino

Quote from: 50 CentiphileTop 5 or 10?

Quote from: SHAFTRI haven't seen Osama, but a friend of mine saw it and said he was really moved.

Shouldn't League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Underworld be in there instead? Or Gigli, A Man Apart, Kangaroo Jack, Dumb & Dumberer?

It seems like you are hating on chick flicks just because you probably don't like the genre.

EDIT:
also for TV shows, Chapelle Show for Best List, where is that?

I didnt see any of those movies. i like chick flicks just fine, i just thought those in particular werent good. also, sadly, i've never seen an episode of Chapelle Show

they're up now.

cine

Quote from: El Duderino
Directors - Stanley Kubrick, Akira Kurosawa, Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Welles, Robert Altman.

Actors - Buster Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro, Henry Fonda.

Actresses - Ingrid Bergman, Meryl Streep, Katharine Hepburn, Diane Keaton, Sofia Coppola.

I would stick with that list.

El Duderino

Quote from: 50 Centiphile
Directors - Stanley Kubrick, Akira Kurosawa, Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Welles, Robert Altman.

Actors - Buster Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro, Henry Fonda.

Actresses - Ingrid Bergman, Meryl Streep, Katharine Hepburn, Diane Keaton, Sofia Coppola.

bro, the entire list is from August through Next week.

Chest Rockwell

I have a question: Do people at your high school even know what you
're talking about half the time? Such as with Goodbye, Lenin? Or a lot of the movies/actors on your list.

El Duderino

Quote from: Chest RockwellI have a question: Do people at your high school even know what you
're talking about half the time? Such as with Goodbye, Lenin? Or a lot of the movies/actors on your list.

i doubt it, but i dont care. most people at my school chuckle at the amount of shit i know about movies, which is nothing compared to some of you on here. they're stuck, waiting for "3 Fast, 3 Furious" to come out, or what Vin Diesel will do next....it sucks, but oh well.

Stefen

I wanna see 3 fast 3 furious.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ono

Quote from: 50 Centiphile

bro, the entire list is from August through Next week.
Why for you have Sofia Coppola under actresses?  Joke, I hope that is.  My suggestions:

Directors: Sofia Coppola, Peter Jackson (I don't care for his LOTR stuff, but others sure do), Clint Eastwood, Gus Van Sant (so I've heard), Michel Gondry.

Actors - Bill Murray, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Paul Giamatti, Jim Carrey.  Honorable Mention: Djimon Hounsou.

Actresses - Scarlett Johansson, Naomi Watts, Hope Davis, Holly Hunter, Keisha Castle-Hughes.

El Duderino

Sofia isnt under actresses.

ono

In Cinephile's list, yes she was.

El Duderino

Stefen

If someone told ono he was gullible he would believe them.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.