Dear Wendy

Started by rustinglass, March 10, 2004, 02:46:22 PM

rustinglass

This is going to be one motherfucking great film!
Directed by Thomas Vinterberg and written by Lars von Trier. It's about a group of young passionate gunlovers in america.

This director has just been under a world of shit because of It's all about love. but before that he made festen, which is , I think, the best dogme film ever and one of my favourite films.

everyone please check out this interview! I don't knoe for how long it will be up!
it looks like some heavy shit
http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams?/tv/vpro/ram/bb.20031207.rm?start=47:38.20&end=55:56.20&title=Thomas%20Vinterberg%20R.A.M%2071203
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Ghostboy

I think it was...Weak2ndAct who read the script? I can't remember, but I think whoever it was really liked it.

rustinglass

Trailer

http://www.trust-film.dk/player/vindue.asp?id=119

it's pretty spoilerish, I'm affraid. The film doesn't look like I thought it would. I'm not sure if I'm disapointed or not. Anyway, a trailer doesn't mean anything.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Weak2ndAct

lamas

i thought this was the film that had a bunch of stories all tied together with the only link being the gun.  am i thinking of something else?  or did i just give away a hype script idea?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: rustinglassTrailer

Oh no did Lars forget to take his pills....

meatball

cowboykurtis

if i hadn't read this thread, and just watched that teaser - i would have thought that it was a MTV made for TV movie.

i think lars von triers recent attempts to comment on american culture have become laborious and uninventive.
...your excuses are your own...

bonanzataz

did anybody else see this? it didn't get much of a release and there was no hype. i hadn't even heard about it until i saw it advertised on my cinema arts centre's website. they played it for one night and since i'm a big von trier fan and also thought festen was awesome (it's all about love was... weird?), i caught the showing. it was enjoyable. it was very stylish and mtv-esque, which is not what one expects when going in to see a movie written by von trier, but i liked it. it seems like vinterberg wants to distance himself from dogme as much as possible, whereas von trier keeps pushing it further and taking that style of filmmaking somewhere else completely. i definitely didn't love it, but i was entertained. if you get the chance, check it out, but don't go out of your way.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls