Meet the Fockers

Started by Myxo, January 21, 2004, 03:43:56 PM

Myxo

Sleuth

this is one case where I think Mac should be redirected.  You know what, I'm a redirect that mother right now

EDIT:  I DID IT WHAT A RUSH
I like to hug dogs

Fernando

Quote from: Slorgthis is one case where I think Mac should be redirected.  You know what, I'm a redirect that mother right now

EDIT:  I DID IT WHAT A RUSH

Mac posted the news first, he posted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:09 am, Myxomatosis did it on Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:43 pm.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Myxo

Quote from: SlorgMy life is a lie

Will I always live my life in Mac's shadow? Will I have to settle for second best when it comes to breaking film news?

I guess I will..

:yabbse-wink:

cine

Barbra Streisand to be a 'Focker'?
Actress reportedly could play Stiller's mom in 'Meet the Parents' sequel

NEW YORK - Barbra Streisand is reading the script for "Meet the Fockers," the sequel to 2000's "Meet the Parents," her husband, James Brolin, said in an interview on the syndicated "Access Hollywood" entertainment TV show.

"I know she is reading it," said Brolin, in an interview to air Monday. Excerpts were released in advance.

Streisand's participation as Ben Stiller's mother would mark a return to film for the 61-year-old singer-actress after an eight-year hiatus. She starred in 1996's "The Mirror Has Two Faces."

"Meet the Parents" starred Stiller as Greg Focker, Teri Polo as Stiller's fiancee, and Robert De Niro and Blythe Danner as Polo's parents. They are slated to return for the sequel.

As reported by MacGuffin in the ENVY thread, "At the premiere of Along Came Polly, Stiller told USA Today, "My dream is Barbra Streisand.""  There's a good chance this dream comes true.

MacGuffin

Barbra Streisand Confirmed for Meet the Fockers
Source: Variety

Barbra Streisand is in final talks to join Dustin Hoffman as the parents of Ben Stiller's character in Universal's Meet the Fockers, set to go into production later this month. The film, which Jay Roach is directing, is slated for a Dec. 22 release.

Variety says that while 2000's Meet the Parents centered on Stiller's eager-to-please character trying to win approval of his girlfriend's dad, the tightly wound ex-spook Jack Byrnes played by Robert De Niro, the sequel follows the clash between the Byrnes and the free-to-be-you-and-me Fockers.

Streisand's last onscreen appearance was eight years ago in romantic comedy The Mirror Has Two Faces, which she directed and produced.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

SiliasRuby

That's wonderful to hear
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ono

cine

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaNo it's not. :yabbse-cry:
:?:  :?:  :?:

ono

Streisand, to me, is like nails on a chalkboard.  That's all I'm saying.

cine

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaStreisand, to me, is like nails on a chalkboard.  That's all I'm saying.
Oh, but it shall be gold.
Seriously, if they don't utilize De Niro, Hoffman, and Streisand, there is one big problem.
This exchange of dialogue, I'm not really sure:
"You talkin' to me, Focker? Are you talkin' to me?"
"Yes I'm talkin' to you. Definitely, definitely talking to you."

Ernie

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaStreisand, to me, is like nails on a chalkboard.  That's all I'm saying.

To me as well. It's mean to say but she's one of the few people that I really have trouble looking at.

modage

i hate her too, and have only seen her in one movie What's Up, Doc? (where she was actually not bad) but at the same time, for this role, i think she will be perfect.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.