Peter Pan?

Started by ProgWRX, December 09, 2003, 03:08:41 PM

Finn

I saw this for the second time tonight. I think I have figured out what I really loved about it and what makes it stand out. It's not like all the other dumb, big hollywood movies. It's sophistacted, charming and it's more touching than any other movie during the Christmas season. I would love to see Rachel-Hurd Wood go on to more things. She's just wonderful! Her charm, looks and personality are all adorable. I also love how it has a British cast. They bring really nice sprinkles of humor to the movie as well as charm. I just sat there with a huge grin on my face while watching this movie.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

modage

yeah i hope a few more people go to see this.  i'd say it can stand next to the disney animated version as a 'classic' telling of the story.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

Peter Pan fans will certainly want to check out:
www.peterpanfan.com

They also have forums just like this one:
www.peterpanfan.com/forums

They now have a chatroom as well. It's all great!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

Universal have kindly sent over the full disc specs for the region one release of Peter Pan which stars the likes of Jason Isaacs as Captain Hook, Jeremy Sumpter, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Lynn Redgrave and Ludivine Sagnier as Tinkerbell. The disc will be available to own in both widescreen and full screen editions from the 4th May this year. Each should set you back somewhere in the region of $26.98:

2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
Peter Pan: Darling House
  - Alternate Ending (4mins 28 )
  - Deleted Scene: Mr Darling in the Dog House (3mins 48 )
  - Me & My Shadow (1min 16)
  - In the Dog House with Nana (2mins 45)
Peter Pan: Home Under the Ground
  - Dig Under the Home (50secs)
  - The Legacy of Pan: The Making of Peter Pan (10mins 59)
  - The Duchess's Outtakes (2mins 4)
  - Lost Boys on the Set (2mins 2)
  - DVD Credits (32secs)
Peter Pan: Neverland Forest
  - Explore the Forest (55secs)
  - Tinkerbell: Behind the Fairy Dust Featurette (4mins 36)
  - I Do Believe in Fairies (1min 29)
  - Princess Tiger Lily (58secs)
Peter Pan: Pirate's Ship
  - Board the Pirate Ship (58secs)
  - Through the Eyes of Hook (6mins 19)
  - The Pirates Vs. The Lost Boys (2mins 5)
  - The Lost Pirate Song (1min 16)
Peter Pan: Black Castle
  - Enter the Castle (1min 9)
  - Come Fly With Me (6mins 4)
  - The Mermaids Tale (2mins 7)
Multiple DVD-ROM Features
English, French & Spanish Subtitles
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

possibly the WORST DVD COVER ART I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE....

i challenge anyone to come up with worse dvd cover art for a film that was a major studio release and had a cool poster.

The Perineum Falcon

Her fucking teeth.........
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Finn

Ouch...I can't wait for the dvd but the cover art is just awful

cine

It's an eye candy cover for the sake of getting families to actually SEE IT when it was released. Can't you AT LEAST except the world of marketing?

Henry Hill

:shock:     Somebody please make a new cover on dvdcoverart.com. That cover just looks terrible.

Finn

I don't understand why they couldn't just have the poster image on the dvd case. It would look just fine for a video cover. The studio is probably just mad because it cost 100 million dollars to make and it made one fourth of that at the box office.

modage

Quote from: CinephileCan't you AT LEAST except the world of marketing?
yeah marketing is all well and good, but GODDAMN cant they use someone with an eye for design to make the dvd?  (or atleast better photoshop skills?)  seriously, the fact that they could make such a cool poster that probably took months and months, and now because they could care less, they get someone to throw together some awful piece of shit in 5 minutes.  why are families compelled to see something that looks like a piece of shit?  i mean, the cover makes the movie look like some cheap ass made for tv thing made for preschoolers.  which its not.  like, i cant even have something so hideous on my shelf.  as filmboy said, someone needs to go put together a good one QUICK!

mogwai

it's just a dvd cover, you're supposed to watch the movie on the disc not the cover. geez...

modage

but the packaging is an important part of the presentation!  just like the menu screens, or extras!  and plus its HIDEOUS!

Raikus

On the bright side: No ghetto snaps.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.