Crumb = Weird sex · Obsession · Comic books?

Started by Finn, October 27, 2003, 05:33:29 PM

Gold Trumpet

I like this movie, too. I just don't know the point of it besides the guy's story being interesting to watch. I think the charm of this movie is just the large number of people's identification with him. Dramatically, though, there feels to be little there. The guy details everything out about his life to where drama seems not relevant. And yes, I do identify with him to a piont and am entertained by the story. Even with a documentary like American Movie, you saw a man's life being told but it was serving was the higher purpose of conveying the feelings of what it is like to be a filmmaker for anyone starting out now. Crumb is just great to watch.

~rougerum

van gogh

I agree with the Gold Trumpet.  Grum was just a normal tortured soul guy like most of us, but he could draw.  He lives some where in France now right?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: van goghHe lives some where in France now right?
yes sir...indeed.

Finn

Well, I finally got to see this movie. I bought it at Borders (the only place I could find it) for a good price. It was very weird, disturbing and good!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Pubrick

Quote from: Arielhttp://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4627180
that was great. it seems not a lot has changed since crumb.

i wonder if he'll hav a blossoming in his later years. now that' he's over 60, he could still kurosofy.
under the paving stones.