I, Robot

Started by indiana, October 04, 2003, 04:21:15 PM

Ravi

Quote from: anditokwhat a lame poster

Don't worry, the DVD cover will have a big giant Will Smith head on it.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Find Your MagaliYou know what would be interesting? A movie ACTUALLY BASED on Asimov's works.

Like Bicentennial Man!

El Duderino

Or the robot running in the I and an army of Will Smiths in the background.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Ghostboy
Quote from: Find Your MagaliYou know what would be interesting? A movie ACTUALLY BASED on Asimov's works.

Like Bicentennial Man!

Great, years of therapy to erase that movie from my mind have just been shattered...  :(

(kelvin)

Let me guess...at the end, Will Smith finds out that he is a robot himself...

MacGuffin

New Internet-Only I, Robot Trailer Hits!
Source: MysteryClock.com

Director Alex Proyas has released an internet-only I, Robot trailer on his official website, which so far best captures the intensity of the Will Smith-starrer, which opens on July 16 and is based on the classic short story collection by Isaac Asimov.

Trailer here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

International trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

They're going to show this around the world?  How embarrasing
I like to hug dogs

modage

yeah they've really just shown us the whole film.  it would've been better as to leave it more of a mystery as to whether or not a robot has harmed a human, being as he's supposed to be a detective.  and not given away everything just so they could show us lots of fighting and shooting.  also, i dont like the production design on this; it just looks boring.  big grey walls everywhere.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Spooner, i don't even know her.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ghostboy

Marketing rules re: movie posters.

Teaser poster: let the artsy kids who actually know a thing or two about basic composition get their rocks off so they'll shut up later on when you make the....

Official poster: in which jaded graphic artists who no longer give a shit cram everything they can into the allotted space, with no regard to the elements of design, because they know what makes the number crunching marketing execs happy.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

modage

Quote from: GhostboyMarketing rules re: movie posters.
*applause
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pwaybloe

It really hurts when others make fun of my posters.  I have feelings, y'know?