Narc

Started by SHAFTR, February 03, 2003, 12:11:40 PM

Kal

I just saw this and I liked it. The performances were very good.

*** MAJOR SPOILER*****

For some reason as soon as the movie began I already knew that Liotta was involved in that shit. I think his face just says it all.

kotte

I first saw Narc in New York early 2003.

I watched it again yesterday and realized how good a film it is. What carries it is not the action nor the twists'n turns. The performances. Patric and Liotta are both doing great things here.
Liotta's grizzly bear-like presence is great but also a give-away. It is too obvious this main ain¨t clean and got something to do with the case.

The scene when Patric and Liotta "are talking wives" is the core if the film. It is why it all matters.

A subtle police story/character study.

socketlevel

i love how william fredkin doesn't give a fuck about anybody in his introduction on the dvd.  he tells it the way it is.  i love the bit how he goes on to explain how the audiences were more intellegent in the 70s and how they were up to speed with the filmmakers of that time.  to bill, the audiences now are dumber than shit so the good directors can't be given the credit they deserve.  fuckin' right on!

i appreciate that brutal honesty, a very few actors or directors will do that in interviews.  people are so affraid of pissing other famous people off, you know, in that "inside the actors studio" kind of way.  also, we all know about the cock sucking commentaries with the classic lines like "oh he was so great in that scene" or "what lens did you use in that shot. it looks so beautiful."  I would just once like to hear a director say "man, i fucked that up didn't i?  i'll know better for next time."  they fucking talk like they just made citizen cane or some shit.  fucking tossers, all of em'.  just saw sin city and the film is great, but come on...  rodriguez, stop jerking off all over the credits, be a little humble you rat bastard.

the charlie rose interviews with tarantino and stone are good for brutal honesty.  anyone know any others that come to mind that arn't insecure assholes?  i'd love to check out some more charlie rose interviews with no-bullshit directors (or actors for that matter).

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

SiliasRuby

Just resaw this once again. This is a fantastic film, so breathtaking and honest. If you haven't seen this yet, go out and rent it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

noyes

i saw this movie with my dad, after watching The Italian Job (remake) and i really enjoyed it. this was in feb of 2004 and i hadn't seen it since, but i remember really liking it. the ending was cool.
south america's my name.