If YOU could have a private screening with a director...

Started by cine, September 03, 2003, 11:58:19 PM

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

jasper_window

Quote from: Cinephile
2. Woody Allen on Shane
3.  Kevin Smith on Magnolia

That's an interesting choice for Woody Allen.  Is he a big fan of Shane?

And as for Kevin Smith, after the Q&A we could put him in the middle of a kicking circle.  "You call Magnolia self-indulgent, look at your films you cum-catching faggot!"

jasper_window

Quote from: Pi wish there were hot chick directors.

Rebecca Miller's kinda hot...in a librarian sorta way

Alethia

living: michael bay on pearl harbor

dead: chaplin on city lights

cine

Quote from: jasper_window
Quote from: Cinephile
2. Woody Allen on Shane
3.  Kevin Smith on Magnolia

That's an interesting choice for Woody Allen.  Is he a big fan of Shane?

And as for Kevin Smith, after the Q&A we could put him in the middle of a kicking circle.  "You call Magnolia self-indulgent, look at your films you cum-catching faggot!"

Yeah, Shane was one of his favourite movies, along with the Seventh Seal (of course).

By the way, if he's a cum-catching faggot, does this mean he likely enjoys it? I was just thinking because maybe a kicking circle isn't the best idea. Perhaps a circle jerk would be better. .. But probably not... nevermind.

©brad

i'd like to watch any film w/ scorsese, cuz he's a human film library and would have more to say than most others. plus he talks fast, so u'd get more for ur money.

Banky

QuoteAnd as for Kevin Smith, after the Q&A we could put him in the middle of a kicking circle.  "You call Magnolia self-indulgent, look at your films you cum-catching faggot!"

crawl out of PTA's ass.  I have nothing against PTA, in fact i really like him, but some of you ass holes act like he is gods gift to cinema.  Maybe your quoting somone else there but man, get off his dick.

Spike

Nice thread but it's damn hard to choose one director.
So, I'll do a Top-3:

LIVING DIRECTORS:

1) Peter Jackson on "Braindead"
2) Paul Thomas Anderson on "Boogie Nights"
3) David Fincher on "Alien 3" (that would be a quiet dark event  :twisted: )

DEAD DIRECTORS:

1) Stanley Kubrick on "Fight Club"
2) Sergio Leone on "Once Upon A Time in America"
3) Alfred Hitchcock on "Silence of the Lambs"
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Pubrick

Quote from: jasper_windowAnd as for Kevin Smith, after the Q&A we could put him in the middle of a kicking circle.  "You call Magnolia self-indulgent, look at your films you cum-catching faggot!"
yeah, that's a bit harsh.

when he's not making wack movies, kevin smith is a funny person.
under the paving stones.

Banky

Quote from: P
Quote from: jasper_windowAnd as for Kevin Smith, after the Q&A we could put him in the middle of a kicking circle.  "You call Magnolia self-indulgent, look at your films you cum-catching faggot!"

definantly, what whack movies has he made
I like think thier all good except JASBSB

jasper_window

It was harsh.  I was having an angry day.  But it always pissed me off that he called magnolia "self-indulgent" when his films are exactly that.  I love magnolia and I'm protective of it.   Smith is funny and I do like some of his films, I was unnecessarily harsh.

Pubrick

Quote from: Bankywhat whack movies has he made
Dogma and JSBSB suffered from over-writing. that thing where the characters talk like Dawson's Creek Early Years was hilarious in Clerks and still worked in Chasing Amy, but Dogma and JSBSB it seems every single plot point is talked about endlessly. in trying to make his characters sound articulate and intelligent he's succeeded in baby-talking to the audience.

that's my gripe with his last couple of films. and i think that's the only problem he has.
under the paving stones.

Banky

Quote from: Bankywhat whack movies has he made
Dogma and JSBSB suffered from over-writing. that thing where the characters talk like Dawson's Creek Early Years was hilarious in Clerks and still worked in Chasing Amy, but Dogma and JSBSB it seems every single plot point is talked about endlessly. in trying to make his characters sound articulate and intelligent he's succeeded in baby-talking to the audience.

that's my gripe with his last couple of films. and i think that's the only problem he has.

I was watching Dawsons Creek and the characters on that show have the most rediculous vocabulary.  They must do well on Sat verbal.  Kevin Williams wrote the early episodes which is strange becasue when you watch his other work like I know what You did last summer, it sounds nothing like it.

Kevin Smith even says how he feels that Dogma boarders on being "preachy".  I love Dogma and think it is one of his best films.  I think it was the best use of Jay and Silent Bob.

Its wierd discussing Kevin Smith on this board.  Most people just diss him and have nothing intereseting to say about him.