Which Alexander the Great pic would you rather see?

Started by Satcho9, January 18, 2003, 03:42:02 PM

Duck Sauce

I think there are a lot less talented people who make more money we ought to be concerned with first.

xerxes

Quote from: MacGuffin
Agreed. I don't think he's truly proven himself to earn $8 - $10 mil a picture.

that may be true, but i see some talent in him... maybe one day he'll get a role to show it.

©brad

Quote from: RegularKarate
Oliver Stone is washed up... I doubt he could make this a great movie.

wait.

RegularKarate

See, I thought that everyone was gonna blow up about my comments about Stone.

I don't care how much money Farrel makes.  I just think he's an actor that hasn't really proved himself that much.  His attitude cries ego and it's just not deserved.

I'm just saying so far, he's overrated.  Maybe he'll prove himself down the road, but not yet.  Right now he's just a name.

Gold Trumpet

what part of it cries ego though? he never says how he is the shit or best and talks of how everyone else around him is good. he mainly talks about he likes to have fun by partying and playing the field with women.

~rougerum

RegularKarate

Attitude I said... Attitude

never said anything about words

bonanzataz

"Fame...ain't it a bitch?"
          -AJ Benza
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Alexander Battle Would Benefit Robert De Niro?

Director Oliver Stone is waging an epic battle against Baz Luhrmann and Dino De Laurentiis to get his Alexander the Great off the ground first. If he does, it would actually benefit Robert De Niro...

Variety says the Stone is forging ahead with efforts to secure financing to make his biopic starring Colin Farrell. Warner Bros. will release the film domestically, and the project's originator, Intermedia, is closing in on its financing for the movie. Warners and Intermedia are looking to start production this summer.

If Stone gets his greenlight, it would upset Luhrmann and De Laurentiis' long-planned Alexander film, which is to star Leonardo DiCaprio. A co-production between Universal Pictures and DreamWorks, that epic was eyeing November for its start date.

That would be welcome news for De Niro, says the trade, who's preparing another DiCaprio film at Universal Pictures, the CIA saga The Good Shepherd.

"Shepherd" is a labor of love for De Niro, who plans to direct. It was originally scheduled to roll after DiCaprio's "Alexander" adaptation, but if the biopic gets shoved back, "Shepherd" could go first.

Universal says it's committed to both movies, but neither one has a finished script, and "Shepherd" is still being put together. Luhrmann is expected to deliver his script in June. But an Alexander the Great biopic starring DiCaprio or Farrell is a costly enterprise.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Id rather see two Alexander movies than another CIA thriller

Gold Trumpet

I'd rather see two movies by men who really seem to have their hearts on making these movies. Lurhmann's action seems not very motivated to do this. As I read of him falling behind Stone, I hear of him advancing his career in Broadway somehow. And I know De Niro has been wanting to make this movie for years. I've read the reports over the years of how this movie has evolved in just trying to be made. Oliver Stone no question wants this, so good luck to him.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Hollywood hell-raiser Colin Farrell is looking forward to playing the role of Alexander The Great - even though he'll be performing sex scenes with men and women. The acting star will play the title role in Oliver Stone's forthcoming epic and, even though he's famed for his womanizing ways, he's not concerned about playing the sexually inquisitive conqueror. He says, "Alexander The Great was bisexual. It was just the way society existed back then. It was about making love to men and women."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Ya know what's so freaky super cool?  It's that MacGuffin's words are coming out of Mogwai's po.... MMMMM MMMMMM (passes out... man with chloriform soaked cloth laughs from behind)

MacGuffin

Alexander the Great Already Filming?

In the race to make an Alexander the Great film, Oliver Stone and Intermedia have begun shooting. Sort of...

Variety says Stone is way up in the mountains of Northern India, close to the Himalayas, filming background footage.

"It's bloody cold, but the sun is shining beautifully and the weather presented an opportunity we had to grab," said Intermedia chairman Moritz Borman. "Even though they're up 14,000 feet, Oliver insisted on shooting the footage himself."

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

woohoo!

now let us all celebrate this good news with the adding of chocolate to milk.

cine

I would much rather see the Oliver Stone biopic since he's the better visionary. I bet it'll look like a wonderful period piece that will probably remind many of Herzog's "Aguirre".. I'm not going to be ignorant and say that the Baz film will be too choppy, but I do think it would stand as the lesser film next to Stone's.. regardless of how he makes it. You'll be able to feel the passion in the Stone film no doubt about it.