Minority Report

Started by pumba, May 12, 2003, 05:30:21 PM

polkablues

Ha!  Beat Macguffin by seconds.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reinhold

it's dark in my room. i got out of bed to type this reply. i told him about it. i couldn't see him in his bed until he smiled to laugh at me about actually checking into it.

i'm a horrible person.

thanks for looking for me.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkabluesHa!  Beat Macguffin by seconds.

But I had a visual aid, so post is better.  :yabbse-tongue:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffinBut I had a visual aid, so post is better.  :yabbse-tongue:

:yabbse-lipsrsealed:

:yabbse-takendownanotch:
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Mini mimics Minority Report in 'personalised' poster push
Source: Marketing Week

Mini is launching a Minority Report-style campaign in the US which will have billboards flashing personalised messages to drivers as they pass by in their cars.

The boards, which usually carry traditional advertising messages, are programmed to identify approaching Mini drivers through a coded signal from a radio chip embedded in their key fob. The futuristic technology is similar to that featured in the 2002 film starring Tom Cruise.

The messages from the Mini billboards are personal and based on questionnaires that owners fill out. For example, the boards may say to a lawyer: 'Moving at the speed of justice' or 'The special of the day is speed' for a chef.

Mini is test-marketing the billboards in New York, Miami, Chicago and San Francisco. A spokeswoman for Mini UK says the company has "no immediate plans" to run the campaign in the UK.

The US poster campaign is likely to face criticism from campaigners concerned at the growing number of digital billboards on roadsides throughout the country. But Mini's head of North American operations, James McDowell, says: "People buy Minis because they really want to have more fun in their days. We want everything about our marketing to fit that." It is thought the idea was first suggested to Mini by San Francisco advertising agency Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners, which wanted to build on the already 'tribal' feeling among Mini owners.

The billboards will revert to showing standard Mini advertising after playing the personalised messages.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

DreamWorks and Paramount have announced the Blu-ray Disc release of Steven Spielberg's Minority Report on 4/20. It'll be a 2-disc special edition, including 6 HD featurettes (The Future According to Steven Spielberg, Inside The World of Precrime, Phillip K. Dick, Steven Speilberg and Minority Report, Minority Report: Future Realized, Minority Report: Commercials of the Future and Minority Report: Props of the Future), 6 SD featurettes (Highlights from Minority Report: From the Set, From Story to Screen, Deconstructing Minority Report, The Stunts of Minority Report, ILM and Minority Report and Final Report), along with Previz Sequences, Production Concepts, Storyboard Sequences and trailers.

Skeleton FilmWorks