requiem for a dream

Started by Alethia, May 06, 2003, 09:14:02 PM

Jeremy Blackman

The censored DVD also has no special features. I'm serious.

Blockbuster, of course, only carries the censored DVD.

SoNowThen

Blockbuster must burn up and die in horrible hellfire.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aurora

Blockbuster in Australia is like any other video store. They have every movie uncut

The only shit thing about Blockbuster is that when you hire a movie they don't give you the original cover - they give you a 'blockbuster' cover

aurora

Quote from: _|P|_
Quote from: auroraOk guys

It should be all fixed now

Sorry about that

Let me know if it does it again
it's still doing it, or it's a red box.

i think getting an av that doesn't end in .php would be a good idea..

OK. Is it working perfect now?

I just wrote a whole new code from scratch and I can't find any flaws :D

Pubrick

Quote from: auroraOK. Is it working perfect now?
yes..

say, why havn't any of the resident geniuses thought of doin this multi avatar thing before? and is it possible with this new technology to make me one where i keep the moving bee, but add at least 2 other things, switching like?
under the paving stones.

aurora

Sure is

All you need is a PHP server and some pics =)

And you need the PHP code. Which I have. The question is... can you handle it?

Recce

Apparently(and I only heard rumors of this, since I don't rent DVDs), when there's a two disk set, blockbuster only gives the one with the film. At least in Montreal. That sucks.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Duck Sauce

Quote from: RecceApparently(and I only heard rumors of this, since I don't rent DVDs), when there's a two disk set, blockbuster only gives the one with the film. At least in Montreal. That sucks.

They did this with AI

Recce

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: RecceApparently(and I only heard rumors of this, since I don't rent DVDs), when there's a two disk set, blockbuster only gives the one with the film. At least in Montreal. That sucks.

They did this with AI
Democratic bastards
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

squints

Has anyone seen Satoshi Kon's Perfect Blue?

I find it funny Aronofsky makes no mention of this in the commentary.

Bumpity Bump Bump
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: squints on August 02, 2006, 03:02:38 PM
I find it funny Aronofsky makes no mention of this in the commentary.

from imdb trivia for Perfect Blue:

Darren Aronofsky owns the American filming rights to this movie, which he purchased for $59,000

hedwig

yes, that was pointed out in this thread: Most perfectly composed shot in movie history.

here's the relevant bits

Quote from: godardian on May 31, 2003, 10:26:38 AM
My favorite Connelly bit from Requiem would be the muffled bathtub scream. It's beautifully composed... misery. Guess you could say the same of the film itself. I'm a fan.

Quote from: Pwaybloe on June 04, 2003, 03:07:05 PM
Have you ever seen the movie "A Perfect Blue?"  It's a Japanese anime (an excellent one), and it had that same scene.  A couple of years later, Aronofsky did a rip-off of that scene in "Requiem..." 

I don't think Aronofsky mentions it in the commentary.

Quote from: Pubrick on June 04, 2003, 09:54:01 PM
i know..

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pozer

when you see the words duck sauce in the previous post of the thread you are about to revive... might want to consider that everything about the topic has already been discussed.