Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Yes

up to 91 on Metacritic. Should be 92 when Richard Roeper(lol)'s 100 is added

itwasgood

ono

Spoiler: ShowHide
Wish they wouldn't have shown the Thinker clip.  Alana's outbursts are one of the laugh out loud moments and a true PTA dialogue moment.

wilberfan

Yes, I'm enjoying it in real-time.  What a hoot.  He even name drops the programmer at the AC...(even tho he misspells his name).

("This will continue")  :lol:

jviness02

Finally saw it! Absolutely fantastic. It's amazing how quick it starts, yet it doesn't feel rushed at all.

Yes

wilberfan

A re-post, in hopes that you all take the time to enjoy Sam Harpoon's epic meltdown yesterday.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1474442807167176704.html

Don't miss his responses to responses to his tweets:

Admin edit: the board code doesn't seem to like it when you put Twitter links inside url tags (I think because of the Twitter auto-embed feature), so I just posted the tweet under the spoiler tag instead.

Jeremy Blackman

Guys, please remember we're trying to keep this thread reasonably spoiler free! I just moved a 9-post conversation that seemed to have major spoilers, with no warnings or tags.

wilberfan

Good catch.  Those of us that have get complacent and forget that there are those of us who haven't.  Plus, I'm hangin' out in spoiler threads all day in that other place.

md

Thanks JB! You are the originator. No one else comes close.
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

polkablues

That honestly feels like a pretty decent per-screen average for a non-franchise, non-kids-movie over Christmas weekend during a pandemic surge. By comparison, it's about 2.5x what West Side Story made per screen over the weekend.

According to Box Office Mojo, among films showing on more than 500 screens, it was number four in per-screen average behind Spider-Man, Sing 2, and The Matrix.
My house, my rules, my coffee