Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Alethia

Quote from: Yes on October 01, 2021, 05:08:38 PM
The setting she is at looks like maybe some talent office or fundraiser (counting money)

The counting money bit looks like they're just finishing up a nice round of burgers in a restaurant, splitting the bill.

d

So, Gary smoking a cigar is the missing puzzle and I can go back to believing the gross shot is Alana/Gary and not cleverly cut. While in a short-sleved dress it's Alana/Penn.

ono

Quote from: eward on October 01, 2021, 07:50:32 PM
The setting she is at looks like maybe some talent office or fundraiser (counting money)

The counting money bit looks like they're just finishing up a nice round of burgers in a restaurant, splitting the bill.

Splitting the spoils from their gascapades, maybe.

Yes

I rewatched again and you're correct. Cooper is wearing an orange-ish red striped shirt. Very sure it's same shirt he wears in scene at end of trailer when he's on phone.

Yes

Quote from: ono on October 01, 2021, 08:01:02 PM

Splitting the spoils from their gascapades, maybe.

In the trailer, Cooper Hoffman is wearing the same green shirt during the Bradley Cooper/Jon Peters scene and the gas/drinking scenes with his friends. And Alana Haim is wearing same pinkish shirt in trailer and in those set photos of the gas station moment

jviness02

Me: *essentially reading the last few pages of this thread out loud as I watch the trailer frame by frame on YouTube*

My girlfriend: "you're such a loser."

wilberfan

Ask her what she thinks about me.

Yes

Ask if she thinks it's weird you hang out with XIXAX and it's friends

MaurizioBunkus

Quote from: Yes on October 01, 2021, 10:04:05 PM
Ask if she thinks it's weird you hang out with XIXAX and it's friends

I think it's weird he hangs out with XIXAX and it's friends all the time.

jtm

There's been a lot of talk about the runtime. And I'm surprised that after MGM gave that bogus hour 40 runtime that people seemed happy about that!?

Based off what we've seen, This seems like a good 2 hour movie to me. And I want that. The more story the better. Hell, make it 2 and a half hours! I know a short one would be more accessible, but I don't care about box office. And I don't think Paul does either at this point.

Anyways. Speculating is fun...

polkablues

Give me a tight 72 with credits, I've got places to be.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Yes

I was theorizing Alana plays an exchange student which made me remember this article:
QuoteThe untitled upcoming project is still in pre-production, though Anderson is said to have finished writing the movie, which revolves around a high school student who is also an exchange student
https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/paul-thomas-anderson-new-movie-mgm-1234574960/

jtm

If that was the case I'd assume she'd have and accent. Unless she was from Canada, eh!

Yes

Quote from: jtm on October 02, 2021, 01:04:51 AM
If that was the case I'd assume she'd have and accent. Unless she was from Canada, eh!

Her dad has an accent. It shows when he calls her "young lady"

jtm

Yeah he had a heavy accent, but are we assuming that's her dad?

I was curious about that guy, but "dad" didn't cross my mind.