Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

PaulElroy35

Quote from: d on September 21, 2021, 02:04:44 PM
And he turned it down for exactly the same reasons? :ponder: Or it was because it may be too similar to his role in Once Upon...

But it is also likely that he was offered Bradley Cooper's role though, isn't it?

Leo chose dont look up over Licorice Pizza and Nightmare Alley because the dont look up script is like a big metaphor for saving the environment  and global warming apparently.
So something more closer to his heart I guess.

Drenk

Better paycheck of the three, too.
Ascension.

jviness02

Isn't there a rumor that Leo was offered a different PTA script? A modern day one? Or was that internet hogwash?

pynchonikon

Is it really necessary to keep mixing up DiCaprio with Licorize Pizza, since we have literally nothing upon our hands?

Does anyone really believe that Paul would ever actually offer him a supporting part in a -supposedly ensemble- movie with two young newcomers in the lead roles, being able to keep a straight face while doing so?

Drenk

If Leo played a movie star, what would be the issue? But I'm glad it's Sean Penn instead.
Ascension.

pynchonikon

We still know nothing about the size of Penn's role (Is it a glorified cameo of 4-5 scenes or more than that and something truly noteworthy?).
That's why I find this abstract discussion rather useless at this point, even if we take the Dicaprio-suggestion as valid.

Tdog

I was just thinking aloud as what role DiCaprio was offered, assuming it was for LP. Still kind of crazy he hasn't worked with PTA yet.

PinkTeeth

If only Marky Mark had a smaller dingdong.
New Name, Same Typos.

Alethia

wilberfan

jviness02

Quote from: pynchonikon on September 21, 2021, 04:02:21 PM
Is it really necessary to keep mixing up DiCaprio with Licorize Pizza, since we have literally nothing upon our hands?

Does anyone really believe that Paul would ever actually offer him a supporting part in a -supposedly ensemble- movie with two young newcomers in the lead roles, being able to keep a straight face while doing so?

I mean going by that logic, Bradley Cooper's involvement is pretty weird, too. He's obviously not Leo, but he's a multi-Oscar nominated A-list star in his own right.

This is the guy who put Tom Cruise in a supporting role and refused to focus on him in the movie trailers when he was the most bankable star in the world. I really don't think it's that farfetched to think he offered a role to Leo.

thehed

I haven't seen the trailer. I'm curious to see if it looks like a $40m movie. Doesn't really sound like it, or am I wrong?

wilberfan

Well, inflation--and serious Covid Overhead.  Much smaller crew, but more protocols.  Lots of period cars and wardrobe.  Are locations cheaper than building sets and such?

wilberfan

Regarding Bradley Coops, let's keep something in mind:  Paul needed someone to play Jon Peters.  There's a good resemblance, and the clever meta connection to A Star is Born. 

But it's possible, I suppose, that Paul had other Hollywood types from that era for The Kids to encounter.  Maybe, if Leo had come on board, it wouldn't be Peters in the film, but someone else.