XIXAX Film Forum

Untitled PTA Project (2020)

Fuzzy Dunlop · 1500 · 113279

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #240 on: August 09, 2019, 04:03:09 PM
Netflix seems like the only way now, i guess.
I want to see PTA's 10 hour movie!

Rooty Poots

• The Road of Trials
    • Rooty Poots
Reply #241 on: August 09, 2019, 06:30:14 PM
I know zero details about the film but I know that someone who works for a certain fruit company is keeping close tabs on the project and the Annapurna situation.

eward

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #242 on: August 09, 2019, 06:40:57 PM
There Will Be Blood Oranges
Derivative
a
z
z
l
i
n
g

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #243 on: August 09, 2019, 06:47:35 PM
I know zero details about the film but I know that someone who works for a certain fruit company is keeping close tabs on the project and the Annapurna situation.

Do Apple have a movie company or is it just TV/Streaming?

WorldForgot

• 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #244 on: August 09, 2019, 06:50:41 PM

Is there a distinction anymore? All content goes OTT. Network TV is shot at 2:1 to replicate the Netflix look, even!
In Culver City, Apple's got a sizable block of studio real estate.

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #245 on: August 09, 2019, 06:56:08 PM

Is there a distinction anymore? All content goes OTT.
In Culver City, they've got a block of studio real estate.
Not really any distinction, no, but have they put out any movies into theatres thus far, or has there output been original shows for their streaming service?

Rooty Poots

• The Road of Trials
    • Rooty Poots
Reply #246 on: August 09, 2019, 07:16:09 PM

They have a content deal with A24, but I donít know literally nothing more about their interest in Annapurna than what Iíve said. Maybe a similar content deal with Annapurna in exchange for some kind of bailout? No clue. If I learn any actual details more than an interest, Iíll share.

kingfan011

• The Vision Quest
Reply #247 on: August 10, 2019, 11:39:29 AM
I imagine Annapurna will need to do something. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Ellison became a freelance producer. That makes more sense than keeping the company afloat.

And as much as I love what Ellison has done and many Annapurna films there have been some decisions that have been baffling. Specifically the way too much moneys pent on Vice. Then again I really disliked that film.

Tdog

• The Vision Quest
Reply #248 on: August 10, 2019, 11:43:26 AM
I imagine Annapurna will need to do something. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Ellison became a freelance producer. That makes more sense than keeping the company afloat.

And as much as I love what Ellison has done and many Annapurna films there have been some decisions that have been baffling. Specifically the way too much moneys pent on Vice. Then again I really disliked that film.
From what i read their financial woes only began when they started distributing their own movies.

BigSock

• The Vision Quest
Reply #249 on: August 23, 2019, 05:37:18 PM
PTA interviewed QT at the DGA and raved Pitt.

I donít remember Pitt being rumored for this or a name thrown around but that would be a fantastic pairing

Drenk

Reply #250 on: August 23, 2019, 05:43:54 PM
That would be a dream. There's definitely a PTA quality to the way Tarantino captures Pitt fading gorgeousness.
Ascension.

eward

Reply #251 on: August 23, 2019, 05:50:35 PM
Ugh now that this has been planted in my mind thereís nothing I wish to see more.
Derivative
a
z
z
l
i
n
g

Pringle

• The Road of Trials
Reply #252 on: August 23, 2019, 06:12:55 PM
After BN, Pitt had his agent call John Lesher to tell PTA he would do anything to be in the next PTA, even if it was just sweeping the floors.

eward

Reply #253 on: August 23, 2019, 06:16:05 PM
He should've hit up his girl Gwyneth when the time was right.
Derivative
a
z
z
l
i
n
g

Something Spanish

• The Ultimate Boon
Reply #254 on: August 23, 2019, 06:23:14 PM
I think they were still an item at the time Hard Eight was shot - early Ď95