XIXAX Film Forum

What shows are you watching?

Jeremy Blackman · 171 · 17412

Fuzzy Dunlop

• The Meeting with the Goddess
Reply #165 on: March 19, 2021, 06:08:33 PM
Co-signing on all this, itís such a fun show. I hadnít binged a series in a while and I ended up watching all 4 seasons of this in a week (including a Sunday where I did all of S3 and S4).

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #166 on: March 24, 2021, 02:17:38 AM
Finished it. Seasons 1 and 2 are great, but Season 3 is an absolute masterpiece. Wow. Alia Shawkat is an acting god in Season 3. And I could watch John Early do anything for an indefinite number of hours. I love Search Party so much.

Season 4 is a mixed bag though. I see what they were going for, but I'm not sure it entirely worked for me...

Spoiler: ShowHide
They took a big swing with Dory's character. But I honestly don't think I'm convinced that she would have behaved that way. Was there anything at end of Season 3 indicating she would have climbed back in that trunk? Really? That she would have essentially self-hypnotized? Certainly Dory was haunted, but it's a long journey from there to being so tortured with guilt that you want to erase your consciousness. I didn't see that journey in this season.

So against all odds, I pretty much always wanted to exit Alia Shawkat's scenes. And Chip wore thin pretty fast for me. The rest of the cast (mostly John Early) had to carry the season, and they kind of did. Thankfully the non-Dory content in Season 4 was super strong.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #167 on: March 24, 2021, 06:49:30 PM
I almost forgot to call out the minutes-long Magnolia homage in Season 4. That was quite surreal.

Not a spoiler. You'll know it when you see it, though.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

WorldForgot

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #168 on: March 24, 2021, 08:22:43 PM
 :yabbse-grin: lol

wilberfan

Reply #169 on: April 06, 2021, 10:05:08 PM

A dark comedy following a thirtysomething woman on the run after 10 years in a suffocating marriage to a controlling tech billionaire. Soon she discovers that her husband has implanted a monitoring device -- the Made for Love chip -- in her brain, allowing him to track her, watch her and know her "emotional data" as she tries to regain her independence after taking refuge in her desert hometown with her aging widower father and his synthetic partner.

I'm only 2 eps in, but I'm enjoying the premise, the cast (especially Romano) and execution.
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

WorldForgot

• 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #170 on: April 11, 2021, 11:58:39 AM
Halfway through the final szn of Seinfeld U_U
It's been a constant companion for about two years now, I'm gonna miss it.

Will write up more thoughts after I finish; eward was right, the show hits an all new stride in its final seasonz.
Seinfeld's 9th szn episode THE BETRAYAL: a must watch.