https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8fsDfn8Hz_w

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #286 on: June 12, 2020, 04:19:46 PM
<3

Something Spanish

• The Ultimate Boon
Reply #287 on: July 03, 2020, 07:32:14 PM
Cory Everett aka the xixaxer formerly known as Modage, is on Increment Vice this week. Iím about 15 eps behind, but look forward to the listen when I get there. Love this podcast very much, all the guests thus far have been a blast, love all the takes and insights that have broadened my love for a movie I Cherish like no other

Find Your Magali

Reply #288 on: July 20, 2020, 05:21:53 PM
Life happens, and so it was not until last weekend that I finally watched Inherent Vice for the first time. 

I didn't go in with it being completely unknown;  I read a lot about it over the years, the raves and the criticisms

I'm still letting it marinate. For sure, it contains some of the most beautiful scenes PTA has ever put to film. For sure, the mumbled dialogue frustrated me.

Part of me wants to follow the call of those who say this, more than most films, is more deeply appreciated on second, third, fourth viewings. Another part of me thinks that it's OK if this doesn't sit in the pantheon of films that I truly love, and it's even OK if I never watch it again.

WorldForgot

• 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #289 on: July 26, 2020, 11:59:03 AM
Quote from: Alphaville Review by Elena Lazic
There is an amazing take at the beginning of Alphaville showing a car headlight blinking in close up. At first however, we do not know for sure that the image represents a headlight, it does not provide that specific information: rather, the screen is reduced to a surface that alternates between white and black, ultimately returning to the idea of the headlight by being one itself.