Oblivion

Started by Kal, September 16, 2012, 02:19:35 PM

Frederico Fellini

Nice trailer.... Looks pretty snazzy.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Kal

Here's the Apple link so you can watch HD. I think its amazing and they do a great job at showing a lot of cool stuff without revealing ANYTHING important about the plot and what happens.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/oblivion/

Pubrick

looks amazing, you're gonna make a killing!

i just hope it makes sense.
under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

I love the the look of this. Looks a million times more interesting than After Earth.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that Michael Arndt is a credited writer on this. Which is kinda interesting since his next big movie is a little thing called Star Wars VII.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

modage

Kal, is this one as spoiler-free as the last one? Debating watching this or just going into the film clean...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 13, 2013, 07:41:17 AM
New Trailer

It's like the voyage in Contact from James Woods perspective.

Kal

Even though there was a graphic novel (never published) and the story has gone through MANY hands, they did a great job at keeping most of it SPOILER FREE. I'm not saying some of the smart peeps here won't see it coming, but most people are in for some good surprises!

Pubrick

boy they really fucked up the Morgan Freeman AMA in promotion of this.

hope kal wasn't in charge of that debacle,  it was worse than the Rampart one.
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

M83 performed the titular song from the soundtrack on Kimmel, featuring JB's girflriend, i mean, good friend:

it kinda sucks.

SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, that wasn't good. Unimaginative songwriting, not nearly weird enough. We didn't even get one note of Susanne's higher register. I blame M83.

jenkins

against the insulting criticsm this movie has received in la. for life reasons i skipped the screening, but this year i'm like fully sure that movie culture is being damaged by boring movie criticism that's nasty bad literature. some narrative q's, idk, but

k

jenkins

^cranky about critics day

i'm bad at disliking movies for having a couple boring spots. like, i suspect this movie is a place beyond the pines. i got really into it

auto-fan of joseph kosinski (never seen his tron legacy), claudio miranda is winning a partygame (benjamin button to life of pi to tomorrow land), and fan of the electronic music (good closing songs). i think the camera crowd is going to be "good job"ing kosinski and miranda. it hasn't and won't excite the narrative crowd. k

i was curious about the production, which i haven't read about, and these were my fav imdb things:
QuoteTom Cruise celebrated his 50th birthday on the set. To celebrate the milestone, director Joseph Kosinski presented the star with one of the futuristic motorbikes from the film. Tom also gave the director a present of his own: a die-cast model of the bubble ship in a glass case.
and this entire conversation:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013/board/nest/213704674