Life Of Pi

Started by MacGuffin, July 25, 2012, 07:52:31 AM

jenkins

went to a life of pi talk, last night at the academy. the discussion was 3d technology. talkers: claudio miranda, bill westenhofer (he made a time-based joke, yes. the joke was a hit), tim squyres, donald elliott, erik-jan de boer, and brad alexander. everyone but ang lee

this stuff is maybe talked about in 3d a lot, but i don't usually read about 3d things

learned the word interocular. it's called io in production. refers to the glasses

learned there was a previz during this, done by claudio, tim, ang, and others, in order to learn about the production methods of 3d before making the 3d movie

a conversation i like is the difference between film grammar from the early years and the film grammar of today. this is a fun way to talk about making movies, which they did. they also talked about the change this is causing for 3d movies, and the challenging aspect of 3d effects compared to the audience's expected grammar

i remembered doyle's comment about claudio. claudio was pretty chill. he explained what he did and etc. it's what you'd expect

i forget if i was going to share anything else. overall the night was kind of boring, but i hung out with friends. k