After Earth

Started by MacGuffin, July 17, 2012, 07:35:07 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: Reelist on July 28, 2012, 12:24:28 AM
I kind of made a promise to xixax that I wouldn't RT things after I raised awareness for Bret Easton Ellis' Twitter, but geez, M. Night is the most oversharing director I've ever encountered. Just look at these tweets, this movie's gonna suck ( duuuhhy )

From here on, the words  M. Night will be in bold and my comments will be in italics ( I don't know how to do the photo capture thing )

Me in the reflection of the video monitor. I'm either thinking about lunch or how to shoot the next shot.

I'm thinking "M. Night's an over-glorified ass"

Maybe the tag line should be, "If you loved Tree of LIfe and Jurassic Park, you'll love After Earth."

Speaks for itself

This is too funny.
I'm in a blockbuster bomb mood.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

The Ultimate Badass

Has there ever been a director that has ridden one good movie so far, so long as M. Niight Shyamalan? How many shit movies does one have to make before they're just shutoff by the Powers That Be?

matt35mm

I think the box office results have continued to justify him gettin' dat money, except for LADY IN THE WATER.

AFTER EARTH is doing not wonderful but not terrible, I believe.

His last two movies weren't "M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN MOVIES" though, so perhaps in this way, he has been shut down. People don't really want to see one of those anymore.

jenkins

a dad pretends to be a dad, and a son pretends to be a son. pretend family. actually family. all of this is a dad plan. dad has a plan for the son. the plan's interrupted by gross, and intersected by a waterfall and rescued by a way giant bird, and for 2013 it's the worst looking spaceship in the history and future of spaceships. 99% perfect movie

Kal

This is just awful. I was on a plane and even then it felt like I wasted an hour and half.