A Mighty Wind

Started by jonas, April 15, 2003, 05:01:14 PM

jonas

I'm going to see this tomorrow, I think it's going to be great.

So far Christopher Guest and Co. haven't let me down, I doubt they will.

Anyone else going to see it this week?
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

life_boy

If it comes to my town, I'm there.

jonas

Quote from: life_boyIf it comes to my town, I'm there.

Unfortunately it's limited for this week. Luckily I live in LA.

I'll be posting a review after I see it.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

Duck Sauce

Ill see it eventually, but this doesnt really interest me all too much. Im in a movie slump, kind of disinterested.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

ok i just saw it today and well i didnt think it was that great, it was good and fun but ya know i had a feeling that i dunno i felt a formula going on

ive seen every film guest has done

and i dunno i am seeing too much of a patern here, ya know how they all are a bunch of weird people getting together to put on a show

a play
a dog show
a folk concert

as a diehard fan i liked this movie, but in the same way i would like a E.P Of my favorite band just fucking around having fun in the studio.

maybe this is why ebert gave it a thumbs down.

by the way as a spinal taop fanatic, we have been waiting for this movie for years , they have been doing folksmen stuff since the 80's

godardian

It's my least favorite of the Guest-directed trilogy, but I'd still recommend it.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

meatwad

Keener

I'm dying to see it. I love Tap, Guffman, and Show. Our stupid theatre won't get it though.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

modage

Quote from: godardianIt's my least favorite of the Guest-directed trilogy, but I'd still recommend it.

i would totally agree with this.  i have been trying to find someone who actually prefers this one,  but so far i have not been able to.  although still funnier than most of whats out there, shouldnt they be trying to improve with each one?  it just seemed like everyone was really trying to be the standout character with a really really wacky personality and overall that left the movie a little crowded.  (i wouldve liked to see more of the mckean, shearer, guest trio and maybe a little less of the peripheral characters).  also, after 90 mintues of talking like that Eugene Levy did manage to get a bit tired for me.  i think im the only one though.,
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i have a feeling that christopher guest is going to end up splitting from jamie lee curtis and then we will find out that its parker poseys fault