XIXAX Film Forum

PTA Interviews (on YouTube or otherwise)

ono · 246 · 68776

eward

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #225 on: December 19, 2019, 02:43:45 PM
Yes please
Derivative
a
z
z
l
i
n
g

Shughes

• The Road of Trials
    • Shaun Hughes Film
Reply #226 on: December 21, 2019, 11:49:25 AM
Would love to read that too.

Pringle

• The Road of Trials
Reply #227 on: December 23, 2019, 06:19:10 PM
PTA interviewed the Safdies for the new episode of the A24 podcast. Beware spoilers.

https://a24films.com/notes/2019/12/seduce-and-destroy-with-josh-safdie-benny-safdie-and-paul-thomas-anderson

wilberfan

Reply #228 on: December 23, 2019, 06:32:29 PM
I LOVE listening to creative people I admire talk about how they work.  Did my holiday gift wrapping to this conversation just now.   :yabbse-cool:   
"Trying to fit in since 2017."

trytotell

• The Road of Trials
Reply #229 on: January 09, 2020, 09:26:29 PM

wilberfan

Reply #230 on: January 09, 2020, 10:06:52 PM
Nice find!!

Drenk

Reply #231 on: January 09, 2020, 11:27:10 PM
God. The cocaine.
Ascension.

ForTheHungryBoy

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #232 on: January 12, 2020, 09:38:51 PM
LOL - So strange hearing him talk about controversial/real-world topics

... And what was up with him saying he's a married man at the start of the second vid  :saywhat:

Lewton

• The Vision Quest
Reply #233 on: January 13, 2020, 02:43:52 PM
I remember coming across a screenshot of one of those interviews and posting about it here. It's kind of surreal to see the footage itself. I never thought it would show up, seemed too obscure.

It really highlights the huge differences between PTA's interview style before and after TWBB.

I seem to remember someone on here talking about how PTA showed up to that Charlie Rose table in 2007 or 2008. Rose had him on his back foot during the Magnolia press tour, demanding "WHAT IS THIS MOVIE ABOUT?!" Back then, he rushed to give Rose the one line summary he wanted.

Cut to the 2007 Rose interview and PTA is almost monosyllabic at times. I vaguely remember this hilarious moment where Rose is looking for an answer and PTA is simply like, "I dunno." 

kingfan011

• The Vision Quest
Reply #234 on: January 13, 2020, 03:17:41 PM
I remember coming across a screenshot of one of those interviews and posting about it here. It's kind of surreal to see the footage itself. I never thought it would show up, seemed too obscure.

It really highlights the huge differences between PTA's interview style before and after TWBB.

I seem to remember someone on here talking about how PTA showed up to that Charlie Rose table in 2007 or 2008. Rose had him on his back foot during the Magnolia press tour, demanding "WHAT IS THIS MOVIE ABOUT?!" Back then, he rushed to give Rose the one line summary he wanted.

Cut to the 2007 Rose interview and PTA is almost monosyllabic at times. I vaguely remember this hilarious moment where Rose is looking for an answer and PTA is simply like, "I dunno."

Love the Charlie Rose interview for Blood. Its hysterical. Most of the interview seemed to be Lewis and Anderson giggling between each other while giving Rose the run around.

wilberfan

Reply #235 on: February 17, 2020, 09:37:07 PM
(Not really an interview.  Please move to a more appropriate thread as necessary.)

HARD EIGHT COMMENTARY TRACKS (get 'em before they go away?)

jenkins

Reply #236 on: February 17, 2020, 11:06:30 PM
oh i just sampled the commentary track and happened to land right when pta describes meeting psh, at ~41:50, which follows pbh describing ptaís  writing as mellifluous

itwasgood

• The Call to Adventure
Reply #237 on: February 22, 2020, 01:34:09 AM
Not sure if it could be categorized as interview, please move this to the right thread if it's not.
Here: https://www.indiewire.com/video/gunda-trailer-joaquin-phoenix-paul-thomas-anderson-1202212310/

Paul raved about Victor Kossakovsky's new film "Gunda", which premieres at Berlin Film Festival this weekend:
Gunda’ is pure cinema. This is a film to take a bath in — it’s stripped to its essential elements, without any interference. It’s what we should all aspire to as filmmakers and audiences — pictures and sound put together to tell a powerful and profound story without rush. It’s jaw dropping images and sound put together with the best ensemble cast and you have something more like a potion than a movie.

Joaquin Phoenix is the executive producer of the film, that's probably why Paul got to watch it before its premiere in Berlin and threw in a few nice words.
There's also a trailer of the film in the link if anyone's interested.

WorldForgot

• 'change your hair, change your life'
    • portfolio ~
Reply #238 on: February 25, 2020, 10:00:04 PM
Anderson/Peele - Fangoria

um will try to appropriately rearrange later lol, edit forthcoming...

Sleepless

• I told you I would eat you
Reply #239 on: March 05, 2020, 10:08:14 AM
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.