Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Started by wilder, June 30, 2011, 05:03:37 AM

SiliasRuby

It was quite good but very dense and intriguing. Really really wonderful.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Alexandro

I think I have to see it again because I was sleepy and frankly there were times I had no idea what was going on or why anyone was doing whatever they were doing. I was confused with the time lines too...However it was pretty immersive and Oldman is so perfect in it, you just watch and watch.

As beautiful as the cinematography and art direction were, I felt distracted by that a lot. To be honest I felt it was "too pretty". Everything looked like a perfect set, like a photo shoot for advertising. Comparing this to Zodiac, I feel Fincher and co. managed to really create a 70's look and vibe that felt either more authentic or more like a universe within the film itself. Here the "perfection" of everything became a distraction. Hard to explain, really, because if someone told me this exact same thing about the way art direction and cinematography in this film create a mood this opressive I would believe it works, but for some reason to me it didn't. I just feel sometimes films look too crispy clean these days.