Moonrise Kingdom

Started by MacGuffin, September 29, 2010, 02:30:12 PM

Sleepless

Something to fixate on so I don't spend the whole year waiting on the other Anderson's movie.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

I've decided to put "Moonrise Kingdom" on a personal backburner...the one time I got too invested in a Wes Anderson movie prior to release was "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" and by the time I saw it I was conflicted about how much I liked it or not.

I'm excited about this "return" to live action and am glad to know when it's going to start showing up on screens.  Can't wait for a trailer, either!  Who knows what kind of vinyl Anderson'll be digging up this time around?

Stefen

Looks like a funny Wes Anderson movie. Those are always the best ones.  :yabbse-thumbup:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

Looks fun. For all the pretentiousness WA gets accused of, it doesn't look like anyone is taking themselves too seriously at all with this. Can't wait.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

pete

again, I always forget how funny he is.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

O.

superb

malkovich

I missed Wes Anderson a lot. This looks awesome.

polkablues

Bruce Willis seems typically miscast, but this movie looks so much fun I'll let it slide.
My house, my rules, my coffee

malkovich

I also realized while watching it again that this is the first time he hasn't used his beloved trademark Futura typeface. Think he's moving on?

O.

I think he's consciously holding back his tongue on Futura -- this new typeface is horrendous.
superb

©brad

DocSportello

Quote from: polkablues on January 12, 2012, 05:16:55 PM
Bruce Willis seems typically miscast, but this movie looks so much fun I'll let it slide.

I know right? Looks like a lot of fun though! I'm looking forward to this one.

Bethie

bahha. i said wtf a few times
who likes movies anyway

ElPandaRoyal

For someone who loves/likes all of his movies, I couldn't be more excited.
Si