LOGAN

Started by picolas, June 23, 2010, 05:54:02 PM

picolas

Trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/logan/

Synopsis: 13-year-old Logan has a seemingly impossible idea to make a movie...a real movie. After facing rejection from his peers at school and his careless parents at home, he turns to the one he knows he can always count on...his older brother Tyler. When Logan's last hope lets him down, he wonders if it's all really worth it.

no 13 year old has ever made a movie, so i don't see how this could possibly have a happy ending... like he could ever do anything cool.. also he ran for class president and only got 3 votes. i thought you were my friend, but.

picolas

EXCLUSIVE CLIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRp59-y6qNc&feature=related

OH NO WHATRE THEY GOING TO DO????

Hendrix messed them up so bad.

Pubrick

i don't get it. so it's the 2nd worst movie ever made (after Machete), what about it?

confused about your comments. we've never given any attention to straight to video stupid movies before.

are you saying this has Tiptoes potential? if it's the next The Room i'll click this thread again..
under the paving stones.

pete

has anyone ever seen Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation?
11-year olds made that movie (took them 8 years) and it was one of the greatest movies ever made.
so fuck this movie and fuck sons of rambow.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Quote from: picolas on June 23, 2010, 05:54:02 PM
no 13 year old has ever made a movie, so i don't see how this could possibly have a happy ending...

Interview with a ten-year-old Indian film director

polkablues

Quote from: P on June 23, 2010, 10:39:06 PM
i don't get it. so it's the 2nd worst movie ever made (after Machete), what about it?

confused about your comments. we've never given any attention to straight to video stupid movies before.

are you saying this has Tiptoes potential? if it's the next The Room i'll click this thread again..

I couldn't even enjoy 2 minutes of trailer for it, there's no way I could enjoy an entire hour and a half, however ironically.

Also, GET A GODDAMNED HAIRCUT, KID.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Was kind of hoping for a Logans Run remake in 3D. How badass would that be? The only thing that deserves a remake in 3D doesn't get one. How does that happen?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

OrHowILearnedTo

Theres a kid out there named Booboo. sorry kid.

picolas

JEEZ this is so misunderstood.

i don't get it. so it's the 2nd worst movie ever made (after Machete)
yes

Quote from: pete on June 23, 2010, 10:52:04 PM
has anyone ever seen Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation?
11-year olds made that movie (took them 8 years) and it was one of the greatest movies ever made.
so fuck this movie
of course

Quote from: Ravi on June 24, 2010, 03:38:23 AM
Quote from: picolas on June 23, 2010, 05:54:02 PM
no 13 year old has ever made a movie, so i don't see how this could possibly have a happy ending...

Interview with a ten-year-old Indian film director
oh my god REALLY RAVI?? did you really take that seriously? or are you doing some kind of serious double-bluff? if so, you got me. i thought you were my friend but.

Quote from: polkablues on June 24, 2010, 03:43:05 AM
I couldn't even enjoy 2 minutes of trailer for it
well i did. immensely.

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on June 24, 2010, 04:25:54 AM
Theres a kid out there named Booboo. sorry kid.
exactly.

so to be utterly unironic about the meaning behind this thread:

that 15 second clip is like the spiritual sequel to . words can't explain the stupid brilliance of that.

Listen, I'm not here to tell you about Jesus. You already know about Jesus, either he lives in your heart or he doesn't.

Ravi

Quote from: picolas on June 24, 2010, 12:07:21 PM
oh my god REALLY RAVI?? did you really take that seriously? or are you doing some kind of serious double-bluff? if so, you got me. i thought you were my friend but.

What's more ridiculous than a 13-year-old director?  A 10-year-old director.

polkablues

Pic, you seemed like you needed cheering up, so I made you a present:

My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

thanks. i'm just disappointed to be the only xixaxian to acknowledge this 100% pure shimmering gold.

at least filmdrunk has Logan's back.

Pubrick

i dunno,. i'm just not feeling it.

maybe it was the assumption that i should instantly want to make fun of a movie for being shit. i don't really enjoy the process, it has to be funny, this feels too easy and i don't see anything special about the badness of it. it's just a shitty premise with crappy dialogue. it's not stratospheric shitness like The Room, or a hugely bizarre misfire like Tiptoes. i mean i hope it all works out for this film being the next big bad thing but i think the first problem was the ambiguous way you presented it.

Ravi STILL is completely misunderstanding you, he's sincerely replying because your initial post was way too confusing, the bit where you refer to dialogue from the film is written as commentary on the trailer. when you said "no 13yr old could ever make a movie" it seems like you really thought that, and then when you went straight into random bits of dialogue it was too soon to start dropping those quotes in randomly and expecting ppl to see where you transitioned to "highlight reel". look at ravi's last reply, he's still being serious!

you made the whole thing too confusing to begin with.. now that it's cleared up a bit (for me at least), the movie doesn't feel like anything especially bad, just boring. also kids acting is the cheapest thing to attack, they almost ALWAYS suck.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: P on June 24, 2010, 11:52:40 PMmaybe it was the assumption that i should instantly want to make fun of a movie for being shit.

i don't think 'making fun of' or 'attacking' is exactly the right way of saying it though.. what i'm going for is more an appreciation of its incredible badness. and i genuinely mean 'appreciation'.

the thing about The Room and all these legendary awful movies is that they posses certain singular attributes.. just like great movies only they end up on the opposite side of the 'quality' spectrum. no one else in the world could have made The Room. it's so directly from the heart and soul of Tommy Wiseau. true, he has a miserable heart and soul, but the thing that makes that movie special is it's really his own, down to its core. he's not trying to be anybody but Tommy Wiseau, making the definitive Tommy Wiseau film. and i think Logan may very well have a special place in the annals of awful cinema (ie. not just a shit movie everyone forgets) for similar reasons. it's not just bland mediocrity to me. it's absurdly, fantastically awful. like the scene where the teacher tells logan he wasn't expecting him to follow up on that offer he made to send the script to his relative in the film business. he's acting like logan is the one at fault for following up on the offer. and he's just.. not gonna do it. it's so cruel and silly. meanwhile logan does nothing but complain about how no one believes in his impossible dream, even though there is nothing specific or even very difficult about the dream. it reminds me of in that the stakes could not possibly be any lower.

anyways, those're just words. i can't make anyone get this by explaining it.

Pubrick

i understand what makes bad movies appealing.

i think you just confused everyone by going about it the way you did, that was my main point. anyway the film might be great but right now the bungled sale is all i can see.. i'll come back to it later i think.
under the paving stones.