Straw Dogs (remake)

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 09, 2003, 10:36:05 PM

The Silver Bullet

I'm not sure it is a contract [which sorta renders what I've said irrelevent], but what he needs to do is simply realise that if he gets caught it this whirlwind early, he ain't going to get out. Sure, he is new to Hollywood, but he has to realise that doesn't mean he has to sell his talent short because of that.

And I agree. No one on Earth needs remakes. Especially of films like Straw Dogs.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

picolas

i..i can't stress this enough, people.

you use THIS BUTTON , LOCATED IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF YOUR POST(S) (BY CLICKING ON IT) (THIS ) to delete your posts.

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

MacGuffin

Only the admins. have the delete button, pic.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Silver Bullet

Yes. You do. 'Tis a shame we can't delete our own posts.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

sphinx

actually, i believe you guys can edit your own posts.  and if you go into the edit screen for one of your own posts, there's an option to delete it in there.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: sphinxactually, i believe you guys can edit your own posts.  and if you go into the edit screen for one of your own posts, there's an option to delete it in there.

Nope.  Well, yes, you can edit, but not delete.

It says this on the bottom of each thread:
"You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum"

Jeremy Blackman

I think the situation is finally fixed.

All registered users should be able to delete their own posts, in all forums.

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffinOnly the admins. have the delete button, pic.
:yabbse-lipsrsealed:

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI think the situation is finally fixed.

All registered users should be able to delete their own posts, in all forums.
:arrow:

dufresne

imdb's trivia section on Stuart Blumberg, who wrote the screenplay for this 'remake', says that, "[He] Once considered going to Harvard Law to become a lawyer."

haven't we all?  :wink:
There are shadows in life, baby.

Finn

Why would they do a remake to the 70's film Straw Dogs? It was just fine as it was, Dustin Hoffman isn't dead yet and I can already say that it won't be as good. Gah...people are so desperate for movies ideas. Since they can't come up with any good ideas on their own, it's....REMAKES! REMAKES! REMAKES!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

The best part of all will be hearing teens leave the theatres saying, "man that rape was awesome!!"

Chest Rockwell

Yea, I don't see why they do remakes of already damn-good pictures. Unless they do something incredibly different with it (like what I'm hoping the upcoming Willy Wonka remake will do) then I see no point. The one plus is that it brings to the mainstream audiences a film that otherwise wouldn't be there at all.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: CinephileThe best part of all will be hearing teens leave the theatres saying, "man that rape was awesome!!"

But they'll be talking about the frat party that they went to the night before.

ono

tpfkabi

i didn't think the original Straw Dogs was all that great. granted, i watched it on an old VHS tape, but what did you like about it?

SPOILERS

i don't know if you call it a rape scene......well, it starts out that way, but then it seems she doesn't mind.......i don't know, that really caught me off guard, but i guess that was it's intention. how do you interpret the scene?

it really made me think how messed up a situation like rape is for the woman. of course on the obvious idea that it is total violation, but at the same time you can't make your body's sense to touch stop. i can't think of any situation in humanity where how you would want to feel and how your body is telling you to feel is in such unalignment. i just can't even begin to imagine how horrible that feeling must be.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.