Daybreakers

Started by MacGuffin, June 26, 2009, 12:05:41 AM

Stefen

haha, yes.

I wonder if Ratner realizes how big of a running joke he is in film nerd circles and especially on this forum.

He probably wakes up next to a beautiful supermodel and starts crying because we're always making fun of him.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

socketlevel

Quote from: Stefen on October 14, 2009, 06:06:36 PM
haha, yes.

I wonder if Ratner realizes how big of a running joke he is in film nerd circles and especially on this forum.

He probably wakes up next to a beautiful supermodel and starts crying because we're always making fun of him.

"Am I Orson Welles? Obviously not. But 50 years from now, who knows how, as a person, I'll have grown."

"Why do I need final cut? Final cut is for artistes quote unquote--directors whose movies don't make a lot of money."

i don't think he realizes, and more importantly i don't think he cares. in truth, more power to him for not caring...  even if he is a piece of shit.
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

socketlevel

***SPOILERS***

so i saw this movie tonight, went in not expecting much. and i kinda dug it, like a 6.5/10 dug it.

there were some choices made that i really liked, i enjoyed how the score wasn't heavy metal for example; which is commonplace these days in this kind of film. the score is nothing special but it gave it this old school quality. the film itself very much feels like it's taking off where john carpenter ended his awesome reign in the early 90s.

however, I thought the reveal about how the cured vamps once bitten pass on the cure was lame. i saw it coming a mile away, and really it's just poor editing. i think the look he gives his brother should have been saved for the quick flashback shot you see a couple mins later when he's in the room with the CEO. i really wish i had the raw files and could edit it myself. basically that poor choice of editing is the moment it jumps the shark. the ending, while still having a couple cool shots plays out anti-climactic.

most importantly willem dafoe is horrible, from the writing to the delivery. i really wish they didn't do all that stupid (non)funny stuff with him and just played it straight. everyone else is passable or good with what they were given.
the one last hit that spent you...