story telling

Started by blu, April 08, 2003, 12:14:37 PM

atticus jones

sorry mac guffin for this impending negativity buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

no cock work jj,

fluckin spell rite beefour you condeesend your "look it up" bowlshit on these poor kids...mess and seen...you need to get yo head out your asstro physics book and remember what you small lyke in the first place...

or is this post jus for jibberish...what a no respect no clue knucklehead...

sorry mac indeed...i will to keeps that to a min-a-mull...

stoopid half assed calmedians
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

blu

i agree that jackass has a story.  the story is similar to pdl.  some really gut grabbing moments that bring quick feeling and emotion and then dies just as fast.  these movies teach us to leave the story on the sticky floor of the theater and take with us the flash and bang to talk about.  like the man in the background or the paper cut.   the love on the knuckle or the silly little man falling and hurting himself.  punch-drunk-jackass.

cine

Lance falling on his ass or a guy shoving a toy car up his ass....

Love the title. Hope to see it in theatres next year. I'll look forward to Knoxville and the Jackass crew singing Aimee Mann's "Wise Up" while performing stunts.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: bluthere is no grudge.  it's just that some people, not just pta, think it is better to be  considered smart via insecurities induced by a cryptic story line.  you got people in the audience going, "why don't i get it?"  "i must not be creative enough to understand the rambling plot of a weak story line."  it gives the emperors new clothing a modern day twist.  after seeing the movie quite a few times, i gotta say the only thing special about the movie are the people and technologies employed, not some special vision or ideal.  that was lost.  lost in the pockets of a egoist rambling nonsensicle emperor who likes to walk around in the nude and laugh at the general populace while they exclaim how beautiful and visionary the clothing he is wearing is.  

i guess my question i was hoping to discuss here is are we telling a story with cinema or are we going for something else?  personally, i think we tell stories with film.  all else is jackass or advertising.

just out of curiosity what do you think of pta's other films?
...your excuses are your own...

blu

no, i don't want to anwer that.  sorry, it was a good question.  there is too much to say for just one post, though and my hands start hurting when i get to like the 8-9th page

aclockworkjj

Quote from: miss jonessorry mac guffin for this impending negativity buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

no cock work jj,

fluckin spell rite beefour you condeesend your "look it up" bowlshit on these poor kids...mess and seen...you need to get yo head out your asstro physics book and remember what you small lyke in the first place...

or is this post jus for jibberish...what a no respect no clue knucklehead...

sorry mac indeed...i will to keeps that to a min-a-mull...

stoopid half assed calmedians

make just one fuckin' coherent point or thought in just one post of yours, then I can respect you....until then...you are a waste of kilobytes...

F=ma  (Force = mass times acceleration....1 of Newton's 3 laws of motion, I can share the others too, while I have my head in my book)

SoNowThen

aclockworkjj ..... I agree fully.

This place is for discussion, not half-assed poetry/rap/beatnik whateverthefuck.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

blu

Quote from: CinephileNo offense but I feel more comfortable reading what you say when I pretend you're Mr. T.

you are right, it does come across better that way.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SoNowThenhalf-assed poetry/rap/beatnik whateverthefuck.

jibberish

RegularKarate

It's all very funny and a little sad at once... can't describe the feeling I'm experiencing right now... initial reaction is to slap some sense into some people, but something else just tells me to sit back and laugh at the ignorance.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: bluno, i don't want to anwer that.  sorry, it was a good question.  there is too much to say for just one post, though and my hands start hurting when i get to like the 8-9th page

the reason i asked was to see whether or not your criticism was based on merit or your spite for the director. if pdl is shit in your opinion, what is an example of a well scripted film? since i don't know your intentions, I can't acurately process your opinions.
...your excuses are your own...

sphinx

i won't say what i wish to but this

don't knock what you don't get

neatahwanta

Quote from: RegularKarateIt's all very funny and a little sad at once... can't describe the feeling I'm experiencing right now... initial reaction is to slap some sense into some people, but something else just tells me to sit back and laugh at the ignorance.

Reminds me of when Barry identifies himself over the phone to Dean, and Dean replies, ~,  "Well, how do I know?  You could be anybody!"

They all tell a story...PDL tells it most precisely.

Sorry blu, you lost me @ the gummy bears.

BackUpOffMeFoo

Well I will say what I want to…

Fuck these shit talking half-ass beatnik whateverthefucks.

You are in the wrong neighborhood kid. Check your map -WJ

I don’t underline anything so pay attention.

So now then…
Your new name is irony
Keep talking… I enjoy laughing

AJ minus the clockwork/style/creativity/stacks/wit/bitches/j
You ripped off a cheap photocopy
People round here got real deal color copies
Not blasphemer the great
I had my eye on you from day one
Figured you for an imposter
Realize you are… Just in a different way
Kudos
I hope you won't rest on your laurels

AND BLU…

Wassup with you?
You floored me.
Dissin PDL?
You kidding?
You must be

What has this wwworld come to?

D

PS Keep foolin around and the misses gonna bring the homicide bombers.
Serious?

atticus jones

a cock jerk jj,

you my pal in so cal...so how bout we meet to eat...yes indeedy sweetie...i extend an invite to drop the veil on your tail...you dont deserve it and i wont conserve it...what do you say gay...wanna dance with the devil...or is all this jus jibberish to you...im in the valley south of the bullie...where you at playa?...let me know so we can go...arts or the other...call it brutha...bring bitch ass blu...who knew?...

you quote me then smote me?...can't have it both ways...but im jus jabbin jibs again aint i?

lafin at you with sfinks, lawless and my crew...

sad but trew
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose