Adam

Started by MacGuffin, April 28, 2009, 03:20:57 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: July 29th, 2009 (limited)

Starring: Hugh Dancy, Rose Byrne, Amy Irving, Frankie Faison, Peter Gallagher

Directed by: Max Mayer (Better Living)

Premise: About the relationship between a somewhat socially dysfunctional young man and the woman of his dreams.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

that's not real asperger's.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Probably my least favorite name next to Deborah.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Awwwwww.....sweet......
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Gamblour.

Quote from: pete on April 28, 2009, 04:17:00 PM

Yeah, yeesh. I've never met anyone with Asperger's where I had to restructure a statement into a question in order for them to understand. He may not be "Forrest Gump, y'know" but I think they can function a little more readily than that. Spielberg has Asperger's (just throwing that out there).
WWPTAD?

pete

Quote from: Stefen on April 28, 2009, 04:45:06 PM
Probably my least favorite name next to Deborah.

I wanted to say something like that to.  My least favorite next to Rick.  But I have a good friend named Adam so I didn't say it.
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

Quote from: Gamblour. on April 28, 2009, 07:28:45 PM
Quote from: pete on April 28, 2009, 04:17:00 PM

Yeah, yeesh. I've never met anyone with Asperger's where I had to restructure a statement into a question in order for them to understand. He may not be "Forrest Gump, y'know" but I think they can function a little more readily than that. Spielberg has Asperger's (just throwing that out there).

People with Asperger's can be less functional than this guy. 
This movie clearly doesn't understand asperger's though.

Neil

all this from a 2:30 clip, or is there more, "this movie clearly doesn't undersand asperger's?"

just curious?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

pete

yes, unless the rest of the movie is 100 minutes where the guy doesn't act like that at all.  It gives off the impression of superficiality and exploiting a pretty common syndrome as a crutch or a gimmick or an excuse for what seems like ordinary movie quirks.
- Buster Keaton