Adventureland

Started by MacGuffin, January 18, 2009, 11:36:25 AM

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Ghostboy on April 12, 2009, 06:06:48 PM
Quote from: w/o horse on April 10, 2009, 08:57:23 PM
  Soon I'll talk about how much I loved Minnie and Moskowitz and Love Streams and I'll make a point to try and expand on some of things I want to say here.

Were you at the New Beverly the other night too?
I was as well...and my reviews are coming soon. Great to see the rambling seymore cassell there.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

RegularKarate

I'm glad I was prepared for how mis-marketed this thing was and didn't go in hoping for stupidity.

It was a REAL movie and I really liked it.  If I had anything negative to say about it, it's that Hader and Wiig didn't seem to belong... Hader probably would have worked, but Wiig didn't seem to get this wasn't the comedy she thought she was in and made Hader's character seem out of place by proxy.

Martin Starr... like a more real Bill... so good... related so much.

Ravi

I liked this film a lot too.  The character could have been filmic conventions but they were real and relatable.  Not much I can add to what others have already said.

Stefen

This is out on video now. There's no reason why those who missed it's theatrical run shouldn't catch it on dvd. It's really a good movie.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Kristin Stewart is a bit annoying, isn't she? I'm not talking about Twilight, I haven't seen it and I don't consider it. I'm talking in this movie and the couple other ones I've seen her in. Her face is very punchable to me.

I was underwhelmed by this one. Too much depressed or stressed out characters. I don't know.

Stefen

She's just a bad actress.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

polkablues

It's a nice face, it's just frozen in a very punchable expression all the time.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Liked her in Into The Wild. Maybe her appeal only works in small roles.  :yabbse-undecided:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

She's the female Ed Norton.

"Um, it's just that, um, listen, can you, how do I say this? Um, look, can you just, um, pass the maple syrup? Okay, um, thanks."

Spit it the fuck out, Girl version of Ed Norton.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

i like her being punched after she sighs a lot

Pas

while she wears a husker dü tshirt

Fernando

in twilight it was almost unbearable to watch, wasn't enough the movie was bad, her acting made it worse, in fact it's the worst acting ive seen in a while (both leads).

she was ok thou in undertow and panic room, although I realized the teenager was a girl til the middle of the movie.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Fernando on September 04, 2009, 01:33:55 PM
in twilight it was almost unbearable to watch, wasn't enough the movie was bad, her acting made it worse, in fact it's the worst acting ive seen in a while (both leads).

That hospital scene is so cringe-worthy.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks