Slumdog Millionaire

Started by MacGuffin, August 31, 2007, 12:45:02 AM

modage

haha, there is no way that article is real!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

This movie was the worst thing to ever happen EVER.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

that article is crazy. It sounds made up. where'd it come from? The girl's still wearing the gown she wore at the oscars? The boy's father beats him for not talking to journalists? WTF?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

matt35mm

Oh yes, I should have linked to the source.  Sorry.  This article is not the only one that mentions the boy being hit for not speaking to journalists, though.

MacGuffin

'Slumdog Millionaire' DVD Arrives with Major Problems

We've been receiving a ton of emails here at Cinematical from folks who bought bad copies of the Slumdog Millionaire DVD. What happened was that some DVDs entered the marketplace without any of the special features on them; one Cinematical reader wrote in to say that all he got was the movie and a few trailers. Over on Amazon, their review wall is packed with folks complaining about receiving a botched DVD, and good news is the retailer has finally issued an alert for those of you who got screwed. See below:

DVD Alert: We are aware that special features were missing from a number of Slumdog Millionaire DVDs. Fox has set up a hotline telephone number (1-888-223-4FOX) for those consumers who may have purchased a version that does not contain special features. Upon calling the hotline, these consumers will be able to have their disc replaced for one containing special features. Fox regrets any inconvenience this has caused.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Do you think it was an april fools joke that fox pulled? hehe
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

FOX is such a screw-up nowadays, if they had been trying to pull an April Fools prank, they would have accidentally shipped all the DVDs perfectly and there would have been no problems.
My house, my rules, my coffee

private witt

Slumdog Millionare: even the trailer was unwatchable.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks