The Fall

Started by Redlum, March 22, 2008, 09:01:45 AM

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Ghostboy on June 07, 2008, 12:54:57 AM
Hey! I saw it in Dallas tonight but I didn't get a book!

This really is remarkable. Big and goofy and bizarre at the beginning, surprisingly meaningful and tragic at the end. The final montage of stunt scenes with the girl narrating them is one of the most wonderful things ever.

You had to receive the Landmark Theatres weekly email (which you can sign up for online or in the lobby) and answer a couple questions to have a chance at the book. Usually we don't get that many more submissions than we have things to give away so chances of winning are pretty good.

You are welcome Ravi!
My assholeness knows no bounds.

w/o horse

Went into this completely blind, no reviews no trailers no nothing, and walked away with strong impressions from a visually exciting film that's sometimes very basic in its storytelling.  The girl/patient dynamics are impressively genuine and natural, and towards the end there's this contamination between the two (the real story and the story being told) that becomes significant but up until that point it was more like watching a visually rich commercial.  So glad I saw it in the theater.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Reinhold

Quote from: w/o horse on June 13, 2008, 01:19:21 PM
Went into this completely blind, no reviews no trailers no nothing, and walked away with strong impressions from a visually exciting film that's sometimes very basic in its storytelling.  The girl/patient dynamics are impressively genuine and natural, and towards the end there's this contamination between the two (the real story and the story being told) that becomes significant but up until that point it was more like watching a visually rich commercial.  So glad I saw it in the theater.

SPOILERS throughout

the mixing of the storylines happens from the beginning... the little girl's cutely clumsy use/understanding of the English language informs the visuals, as do her questions and comments that get built into the story immediately. the idea of a person's vision of a story being different from the narrator's even in the most basic form of storytelling was what Tarsem was after. the "real story" is about the story being told.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

w/o horse

No I got that.  What I'm saying is that he spent too much time developing that idea and that it didn't affect me emotionally until later on.  I felt there was too much set up and not enough substance.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ravi

Does anyone know where to get the Bulgarian film Yo Ho Ho, of which The Fall was a remake?  All I found was this site selling a DVD-R with no subtitles.

Stefen

haha, you guys should start a crew.

EDIT: That was months ago. Did you guys ever start a crew or a posse?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

The most visually stunning adaptation of Secondhand Lions I have ever seen.

but seriously, I liked this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

last days of gerry the elephant

Gold Trumpet

Have only seen it twice, but it already feels like a personal favorite. I showed it to friends tonight and they were like, "It's kind of a fun movie." and the guy claims Godard is his favorite filmmaker but he kind of shrugged his shoulders to it. That was annoying. I'm going to show it to a different friend later and he loves action movies and I know he will love it. It will at least spark his imagination. I'm just surprised I took to the film so much. It now makes me excited for Singh's next film because it makes me believe he will not let down on his style at all with any of his movies.

Anyways, I also blogged about it at greater length: http://filmsplatter.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/the-fall/

SiliasRuby

Glad you enjoyed this and emotion poured out of your soul, GT... Can't wait to watch it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection