Defiance

Started by MacGuffin, January 17, 2008, 08:21:47 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: December 2008 (limited)

Starring: Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber, Jamie Bell, George MacKay, Alexa Davalos

Directed by: Edward Zwick 

Premise: Four Jewish brothers living in Nazi occupied Poland escape into the forest where they join up with Russian resistance fighters in battling the Nazis. Throughout the war they built a village inside the forest and saved the lives of more than 1200 other Jews. Based on a true story.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

It was okay, not Schindler's List. It felt like it only scratched the surface of the story; missing any deep struggle. It had a lot of conflict, yet that seemed to be what was missing. For example, the film only touches upon how the people started towards Lord of the Flies territory, but it never goes past that one scene. The ending too was very abrupt, almost like it was part 1, with a scroll summing up the rest.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

I Love a Magician

i love that trailers for this played before every movie for what seemed like a year and this is just the second response

boom roasted

SiliasRuby

I'm NOT seeing this.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection