The Dark Knight
W.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Funny Games
Iron Man
Indiana Jones 4

Kal

Hey rookie. Welcome to XIXAX.

Bruno is 2009. Some of them are already out (and gone, like Speed Racer) so we are not really anticipating them anymore.

Have fun!

picolas

New Feeling has been around since the dawn of this board. s/he just doesn't post a bunch.

New Feeling

Yo Kal, I missed Speed Racer in its first run so I am still highly anticipating seeing it in the dollar theatres sometime this week.   Now that you mention it I'm really anticipating Shine a Light on DVD next week, and Paranoid Park this week, both of which I'm aware have proverbially come and gone.  I still consider them 2008 films even though one of them premiered 7 months before the end of 2007.  It's 2008 for me baby, and that's what the thread's about.  You the Living and Silent Light would've been my 1-2 if I hadn't seen them in the last couple of weeks and they both premiered over a year ago. 

Thanks for noticing my existence Picolas.  Yeah I've been round since the beginning of ptanderson.com boards and even way back at the PTA e-group during the Magnolia release, which I consider to be the earliest predecessor to all this.  Thank you all you few for keeping this space extremely informative.  I wish I could post more but mostly I just like having a place to make lists that I won't lose.   

I'm not even really that stoked for Bruno I just added it because someone else had it on their list.  Having now made my list after a horrible first half of the year, I think 2008 is looking extremely weak from here, 2009 on the other hand is going to be off the hook. 

especially if there's a new PTA (fingers and toes crossed).

El Duderino

Quote from: New Feeling on July 19, 2008, 08:39:23 PM
I'm really anticipating Shine a Light on DVD next week

IMAX is the only way to see this movie.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

w/o horse

Will someone make a Xixax list of the great films coming out the remainder of this year?  Because I think there's maybe a lot, or maybe I'm just really looking forward to Synecdoche, New York, and the Wrestler.  See that's my point I don't follow upcoming releases too well so will someone please make a Xixax list for the remainder of the year?

Am I asking too much.

Edit
+ You see even in my tiny list of two I forgot Milk.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

picolas

everything remotely interesting i can think of:

Synecdoche
Milk
Wrestler
Benjamin Button
Slumdog Millionaire
Australia
Soloist
W.
The Road
Quantum
Changeling
Revolutionary Road
Zach and Miri
Frost/Nixon
Doubt
Defiance
Rachel Getting Married
Argentine/Guerilla
Bruno (dunno if this is still '08)
Brothers Bloom

squints

Quote from: New Feeling on July 19, 2008, 12:14:58 AM
Christmas on Mars

Just saw that you posted this.

Bad news: This blows.

There are 4 movies that I really want to see and i've already missed my opportunity to see one:
Wrestler
The Road
Benjamin Button
Encounters at the End of the World
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

w/o horse

If four great films and six or so good films come out in the next three months it'll be a strong year.  And that's what it looks like it's going to be.  It's kind of a low-key director driven year too.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Is anyone aware of / as psyched about Peur(s) du noir (Fear(s) of the Dark) as I am?

It's six short animated black and white horror films.  Count me in, even if it sucks.  My theater is getting it on Halloween.  I will be drunk/there.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

yeah even though horror anthologies almost always suck, this one will be animated so maybe that will make it good!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

w/o horse

I watched the trailer last night and kind of thought that probably horror in animated form will never work?

P.S.  Have much better Halloween plans (no offense):
10/31 @ 8pm
The Tingler
and
Cinefamily Halloween Party

First, we all sit down and watch The Tingler, William Castle's weirdo masterpiece of gimmickry about a lobster-shaped creature which feeds on terror within the human body!  Aside from being the first film to utilize LSD as a plot device, the original theatrical run was presented in "Percepto," whereby theater patrons were given electric shocks in their seat to simulate the monster's attack.  The result, of course, was giddy insanity as Price's voice urges patrons to "scream for your lives!" Best of all, The Tingler features a major subplot based on the Silent Movie Theatre itself and its original owners, the Hamptons (Castle even used our space for exteriors).  Feel a tingle up your spine as you watch this scenes from this classic set in the location you're sitting in...and maybe a tingle on your tuchas when we shock you Castle-style with real wired seats!  Once the movie's over, we're gonna clear the couches, make a dance floor, and have a real monster mash!  Vittles and libations!  Costume prizes!  Karaoke on the big screen!  Halloween!
The Tingler Dir. William Castle, 1959, 35mm, 82 min.

JG

man, i am so sad that i missed silent light, but ballast and pleasure of being robbed this week! and alexander nevsky if i have time.