Up

Started by MacGuffin, December 27, 2007, 10:54:52 AM

hedwig

oh, for some reason i thought it said "model replica."

that'd be much's cooler if the lamp actually worked.

Stefen

How does Pixar keep doing it? Loved it. Just wish it was longer and more happened. Still, it was awesome and made me laugh, cry, smile, etc, but nothing new for Pixar. When the dogs kept calling the little boy a small mailman, I about died laughing.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

What Stefen said. What a joy. The action sequences were out of this world unbelievable. I want Dug as a dog. Wish I could say more, but everyone else who already lavished praise upon it got it right. I love it so much. I want pixar to go darker now.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

What Happened Once Carl's House Took Off In 'Up'?
by Elisabeth Rappe; Cinematical

In all of your viewings of Up, did you ever wonder what happened to the Shady Oaks employees who helplessly watched as Carl floated up, up, and away? Well, wonder no more. Pixar wrote and animated a little short called George and AJ that answers all your questions, and then some. Watch carefully when Carl's house soars over their heads -- you'll see an angle that reveals just where one particular character was hanging on for dear life.

What's really cute about this short is that it isn't just about George and AJ, but what the entire city thought of Carl's flying house. Up never stopped and went back to North America to see if anyone noticed his unusual method of flight (and very wisely, too), but this spin-off deals with some of the ramifications. It's funny and moving, and makes for a bittersweet commentary on just how we deal with the elderly members of our society.

Now, if we can just get a spin-off that tells what Russell's mother thought about her son's prolonged absence. Somehow, I don't think any cell phone he may have had on him could get good reception at Paradise Falls ....

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.