Hancock

Started by MacGuffin, December 17, 2007, 04:06:47 PM

SiliasRuby

This is quite a spectacular idea and it has some real amazing action sequences but the execution of the drama and the story seemed extremely staged and stilted. Also, every time something happened that was pivitol to the character they had the camera swirl around the person's head.

Bleh.

Still might buy it cheap on Blu-ray on ebay when it comes out.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

hauntedtony

this movies twist ruined everything

Pwaybloe

Hey, hauntedtony, why don't you and indiefilmgal hook up and go spam someone else. 

pete

it's not spamming.  leave the new kid alone, for now.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

This was more enjoyable than any episode of Heroes. The first 45 minutes are a lot of fun and funny, but the twist, which I had known already (and it's even advertised on the cover and back of the DVD), played it more serious than it should have. And I think that's where the film loses that balance. Not saying it should gone the way of My Super Ex Girlfriend or even not gone in that direction (after his make over, what more could he have done?), but the tonal shift makes it feel like two films and played it like a Heroes episode where it's trying to play the ridiculous for serious.

Hey, Peter Berg, this is not Friday Night Lights or The Kingdom. Quit with the shaky handheld and snap zooms!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cinemanarchist

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 25, 2008, 05:57:11 PM
Hey, Peter Berg, this is not Friday Night Lights or The Kingdom. Quit with the shaky handheld and snap zooms!

I wish Michael Mann would pull him aside and tell him to stop riding his nuts and that even he puts the camera on sticks from time to time. That said, I'm still a Berg fan.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

MacGuffin

'Hancock' sequel in the works
Smith, Theron, Bateman set to reunite with Berg
Source: Variety

Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman are gearing up to reunite for the sequel to Columbia Pictures' "Hancock," with Peter Berg set to helm the action-comedy.

Berg disclosed the news at the Toronto Film Festival where he said, "Everybody's going to come back for a sequel."

The director has been working with TV scribes Adam Fierro ("24," "Dexter") and Glen Mazzara ("The Shield") to pen the script. Fierro was a producer on "The Shield."

While plot details are being kept under wraps, Berg has said Smith and Theron will once again play immortal gods, who lose their powers when in each other's presence. The two must pair up to deal with a third entity. The actioner is expected to explore the 3,000-year-old world they're from, which was only hinted at in the first film.

Bateman would return as the PR exec who transforms the image of Smith's boozy superhero.

Sony has yet to set a release date for the pic, and the studio stressed that no official talent deals had yet been signed, given that the script is not yet complete. But with "Hancock" having earned $624 million at the worldwide box office, the studio has been eager to get a sequel up and running -- and it would be a tough pic to make without its original stars.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

I just realized that I've only seen one and a half Will Smith movies in the last ten years.  As it turns out, I'm pretty happy that way.
My house, my rules, my coffee